Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"

SwordOfKaz posted:

I have some bad news to report everyone. The next episode might take some time to reach you guys. Unfortunately we lost Aquasnake recently.

And by lost I mean he is now playing WoW. So yeah. This could take a little bit of time for me to either shut off his internet connection long enough for him to edit, or just edit it myself.

Wish me luck.

While our resident Drama Queen might be correct about me selling another chunk of my soul to Blizzard, he is less correct in thinking that I would completely abandon you all (again).

Episode 8: Stowing Away on the Wrong Luxury Cruise Liner

I'm fairly capable of multi-tasking. For example, in between my last upload and this one, I watched the entirety of Steven universe in the span of 4 days, along with working on this, and playing WoW, and also overwatch. If you've ever seen those "Pick-two Triangles" with Work, Fun, and Sleep, I always choose fun twice.

Next post is the first post on Page 2, make it a good one.

Edit: ^^ GOD DAMMIT. I guess that will do.

Aquasnake fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Sep 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I made it as far as getting into that truck, and that's where I stopped playing this game. So far I have not seen anything to make me regret that decision.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

"Sir there was an intruder on the parking deck but we hosed the entire area with bullets, including cargo and vehicles. She got away but we sure ruined every last truck." :downs:

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

Another half episode, this time of us throwing ourselves at what I think is supposed to be some sort of mini-boss. You may have noticed that this games doesn't have the most robust combat system in all of gaming, so it wasn't very clear how exactly we were supposed to be fighting.

Episode 8.5: Mini-Boss: Try Using Your Head

You may have also noticed that my co-pilot has a very... straight-forward fighting style and doesn't like to change his approach to fights, even when the current plan isn't exactly working.

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

I still don't know how you're supposed to win that fight.

SwordOfKaz
May 4, 2016

fractalairduct posted:

I still don't know how you're supposed to win that fight.

Clearly neither did we.

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

This episode is almost entirely one giant jumping puzzle, one which we... do not excel at.

Episode 9: Area Under Construction, Runners at Play

But on the plus side, after the end of this episode, we begin the final level of Mirror's Edge. The home stretch. The Final Frontier. As well as the sharp, pointy, devastating parts of the meat grinder.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
Man - there are still parts of this game that make me nervous about falling even when just looking at them. That yellow construction site/fun house was probably the most challenging thing in the entire game for me, it's just a long series of persision tricks with no margin of for error or forgiveness when you screw up.

I think if I tried to play this game with a VR headset I'd be physically ill...

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Considering Celeste was a traitor, is it really a surprise they knew where Merc was hiding and would trash him, his place and his old pizzas?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Wow, those cops are really bad at shooting people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

Episode 10: The Long Rising Action Before Being Riddled with Bullets

The only thing left for us to tackle is one room with like 8 guys with guns in it. How long could it possibly take? About an hour and a half apparently.

Tiggum posted:

Wow, those cops are really bad at shooting people.
This is actually a relevant game mechanic in the last fight, so you're not wrong.

• Locked thread