Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rizuhbull
Mar 30, 2011

Problem description: I recently bought a Thinkpad T420 for work. I get a DHCP error message when trying to connect to the wifi however. I can see the signal and it's got good strength, but no connectivity. I can connect fine at home. I can also fix this issue by uninstalling the two network adapter drivers in device manger and restarting, but it's not a great solution because I need to do it every day. I noticed I'm connected but it says there's no IPv6 connectivity, only IPv4.

Attempted fixes: Tried CMD IP release and renew but got a "media disconnected" error.

Recent changes: None. Bought this refurbished last week and works great otherwise.

Operating system: W7 64

System specs: T420

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alereon
Feb 6, 2004

Dehumanize yourself and face to Trumpshed
College Slice
Have you installed all available Windows updates and the latest drivers for the wireless adapter?

• Locked thread