Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

SwissArmyDruid posted:

It is only in retrospect that I appreciate what a good job the voice director for the Nobu anime did. (Specifically Gernot) I still hear those voices, even if everything else about it was lackluster.

There were a lot of pretty recognizable names on there too. Gernot's VA also did Seto Kaiba for example.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Brought To You By posted:

Picked up a series recently called By the Furnace of Miss Alice. Dude living out in the country has his childhood friend/older friend move back in town into her grandmother's house after a funeral and it's a mix between slice-of-life dealing with the house, a budding romance, and cooking food over an open fire.
This is extremely my thing, thank you for the recommendation.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Nobu seems to have a regular scanslator for everything released to this point, now, but I have Issues with needlessly translating everything. It's an oyakodon, just loving leave it as "oyakodon", who decided it needed to be translated to "family don"?

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Nobu seems to have a regular scanslator for everything released to this point, now, but I have Issues with needlessly translating everything. It's an oyakodon, just loving leave it as "oyakodon", who decided it needed to be translated to "family don"?

I get the feeling the "these can definitely be sold" really means something else, but I can't quite place it.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
It's less a regular translator and more that they were paid to translate a bunch of chapters at once.
Too bad they kinda suck compared to TOOR.

kirtar posted:

I get the feeling the "these can definitely be sold" really means something else, but I can't quite place it.

I recently realized it seems to be "itadakimasu".

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Yeah. I briefly for a moment considered commissioning them to sub S2 of the Nobu live action (there was a S1?!?!) but not if their translation is that poo poo.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Jun 1, 2022

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Was it a rush job?

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Mraagvpeine posted:

Was it a rush job?

Probably given that their feed in general is just batch dumping 5-6 chapters of several different series every 5 days or so.

E: In a shocking turn of events apparently they've been getting their paypal account banned.

kirtar fucked around with this message at 21:25 on May 22, 2022

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Nine chapters of Izakaya Gen dropped.

https://comick.fun/comic/isekai-izakaya-gen

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

Brought To You By posted:

Picked up a series recently called By the Furnace of Miss Alice. Dude living out in the country has his childhood friend/older friend move back in town into her grandmother's house after a funeral and it's a mix between slice-of-life dealing with the house, a budding romance, and cooking food over an open fire.

How lovely

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

This is still updating. Also Confession happened
https://mangadex.org/title/0df86784-961a-443c-9765-8b41702c6249/alice-san-chi-no-iroribata

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Dusting this old thread off.

Ramen Akaneko

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
This is a really cute series.

https://mangadex.org/title/aeffffd7-20cf-4bf4-854e-e2800a952f6a/kuriko-to-biyori

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Nobu is back, again. Six chapters in nine days, so I guess we're getting rips from the latest official tank? https://mangadex.org/title/4710b856-0585-40d2-a87e-099fc032511f/isekai-izakaya-nobu

73-74 you will have to find on other sites, though.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Nobu is back, again. Six chapters in nine days, so I guess we're getting rips from the latest official tank? https://mangadex.org/title/4710b856-0585-40d2-a87e-099fc032511f/isekai-izakaya-nobu

73-74 you will have to find on other sites, though.

At least it's not being done by a scammer this time.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

kirtar posted:

At least it's not being done by a scammer this time.

Do I want to know

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Argue posted:

Do I want to know

short version: scamslator didn't deliver
long version: Did a not-insignificant number of low-quality-but-not-obviously-MTL'd scans, solicited funds to do the rest to get up to current, then took the money and ran.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Outta nowhere, Wakako-Zake is getting updated again with 4 new chapters uploaded in the last 3 days. Gotta say this is one I really missed, and I love seeing it again.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Gloomy Rube posted:

Outta nowhere, Wakako-Zake is getting updated again with 4 new chapters uploaded in the last 3 days. Gotta say this is one I really missed, and I love seeing it again.

Words of Wisdom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Thanks for the Wakako shout out! I completely missed that it was updating again somehow.