Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

The Euros, a usually decent footieball tournament, is coming June 10, 2016 – July 10, 2016

Pick a squad of 15 from 100m... most of you know the drill

Go here: http://eurofantasy.uefa.com/en/fantasy16/

Code to join the goon league: 08649ZBB

The group stages below for reference...Someone please talk me out of going heavy on France and...godforbid...Portugal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

alright..my first lineup. hope all these chaps actually play.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Not sure what formation I will go with in the end but this will do for now:

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Anything other than last would be pretty cool.

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort
So we are supposed to make subs depending on which team plays that day? Like, substitute my French players after the first game?

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

It's based off the match day.

So basically everyone plays their first game, then you can make subs before everyone plays their second games and so on.

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

idgi

Let's say it's Saturday and I have an English guy in the first team (England plays at 9 pm) and a Swiss guy on the bench (they play at 3 pm). What do I have to do so that both of them get points?

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

Once a player has played, his points are locked into whatever place you picked him.

Only 8 in the league? Let's step it up folks!

Ewan
Sep 29, 2008

Ewan is tired of his reputation as a serious Simon. I'm more of a jokester than you people think. My real name isn't even Ewan, that was a joke it's actually MARTIN! LOL fooled you again, it really is Ewan! Look at that monkey with a big nose, Ewan is so random! XD
The advice in the couple of posts above is wrong. You can make subs at the end of each day (i.e. calendar day), rather than just at the end of each matchday (i.e. when all teams have played).

You have two options:

Auto - let autosubs do its thing. This means that at the end of all the games in the matchday (Group match, group match 2, Group match 3, L16, L8, L4, Final), any players that didn't play will get subbed off for people on your bench. If your captain didn't play, then tough (there's no Vice Captain like the Premier League one).

Manual - you can substitute each day after the games of that day have finished and before the first game of the next day starts. If you can bear the effort, this means it is worth constructing your starting XI with those that play first in the matchday (e.g. for matchday 1, you'd make sure your French, Swiss, English, etc players are in your starting XI, even if you have some amazing Portugese players on the bench). Then, you can sub off any who underperform at the end of each day. Once you have subbed someone off you can not bring them back on (so you have to assess that whoever you bring on will score more than whoever you are taking off). You can also change captains each day if your previous captain did not perform (again taking a gamble that the new captain will do better). As soon as you make a manual sub, auto subs is automatically disabled for that matchday.

If you are going for the manual option, then you want your XI to be based on who plays first (so you may end up with Ronaldo on the bench, as he plays right at the end - it means you can bring him on for whoever has scored the least). The time/order they play on each day is irrelevant as subs are only unlocked once the 8pm game finishes. For this gameweek, that probably (depending on numbers) means you want your French, English, Swiss players on the pitch, and your Italians, Austrians, and Portugese on the bench. You'll need some patience, as you are limited to three subs, so don't waste them all at once!

http://eurofantasy.uefa.com/en/fantasy16/rules

Scoring looks a lot simpler than the Premier League. No bonus points for performances, and no points accumulated for tackles, etc. This makes it simpler, but means some good players (esp defensive/playmaking midfielders) won't score as highly as you might expect.

EDIT: And don't worry about formation. As long as your subs don't break any of the formation rules (i.e. have to have at least 3 defenders and at least 1 forward), you can switch any position player for any position sub.

Ewan fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Jun 9, 2016

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Thanks!

My team is poo poo though, I picked mostly at random.

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Not being able to sub out Pogba here is pretty lame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

Who wouldve guessed Ronaldo woud be a total wasteman :argh:

• Locked thread