Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Virginia Slams
Nov 17, 2012
I had a friend build me a PC months back and from the start it was trouble. At first it took me hours to get my tv to work with the towers hdmi cord I tired every port and combination on my tv and tower and had all but given up then it randomly started working. Yesterday I moved my PC without unplugging the cord from my PC and tv downstairs and plugged everything in and had no issues. Today I brought it back upstairs after unplugging the cord from the tower itself, now I'm having the same issue as before I can't get any picture.

I've tried restarting both my PC and tv, every hdmi port making sure to select the correct input on my tv, I've googled solutions and found nothing I can do. It's not the humidity cords either I've tried 2 different cords.

I don't really know my pcs specs because I'm bad with computers pretty much, but not incompetent. I'm running windows 10 and I know my motherboard is a Radeon but that's all I know off hand.

Virginia Slams fucked around with this message at 01:39 on May 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Grody posted:

I had a friend build me a PC months back and from the start it was trouble. At first it took me hours to get my tv to work with the towers hdmi cord I tired every port and combination on my tv and tower and had all but given up then it randomly started working. Yesterday I moved my PC without unplugging the cord from my PC and tv downstairs and plugged everything in and had no issues. Today I brought it back upstairs after unplugging the cord from the tower itself, now I'm having the same issue as before I can't get any picture.

I've tried restarting both my PC and tv, every hdmi port making sure to select the correct input on my tv, I've googled solutions and found nothing I can do. It's not the humidity cords either I've tried 2 different cords.

I don't really know my pcs specs because I'm bad with computers pretty much, but not incompetent. I'm running windows 10 and I know my motherboard is a Radeon but that's all I know off hand.

So when it isn't working, what is the screen displaying? Is it a black screen? Or does it say something along the lines of a "no signal" message?

Out of curiosity, is there another device you can plug into the TV's HDMI port to see if it works on that? Or vice versa, is there another monitor/TV that you can connect to the computer via HDMI to see if that works?

• Locked thread