Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Two Free Toppings
Jul 1, 2007

SUCK
THE
SHIT
OUT
OF
MY
OWN
ASSHOLE

The Sphinxster posted:

What happened to the name murgatroyd?

I think after Godzilla crushed her and those Japanese scientists sent her back to her home solar system the name murgatroyd just sort of fell out of vogue. It's got all those uncomfortable egg-spewing tentacle monster connotations now.

Which is a loving shame, my wife's grandma was named murgatroyd and she (my wife, not her late grandma lol) really wanted to keep it in the family when we have kids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Poindexter used to be the name of a powerful hunter before it got associated with nerds.

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

She's not doing too good these days OP:

(you mentioned it and it really needed to be posted)

yeah, that's the one. good find ty

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

thaT game looks extremely easy

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is
Bertha is a good grateful dead songs, which you can mention and segue into arguing how some people named their kids mountain girl or sunshine, so it's really not that bad in comparison

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

bertha is a better choice than the current trend of naming girls after presidential last names

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is

jarofpiss posted:

bertha is a better choice than the current trend of naming girls after presidential last names

I was thinkijg of examples of this and I had the thought of people naming their daughters Bush lol

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Doctor J Off posted:

I was thinkijg of examples of this and I had the thought of people naming their daughters Bush lol

madison, kennedy, taylor, reagan, carter, and eisenhower just off the top of my head

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

forgot garfield and van buren

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

jarofpiss posted:

madison, kennedy, taylor, reagan, carter, and eisenhower just off the top of my head

maybe you should hoover my johnson

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Germstore posted:

maybe you should hoover my johnson

yeah this is what these poor girls have yelled at them in the school hallways nowadays

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is
Now now van Buren, what did your mother and I tell you about teasing?

Ohnonotme
Jul 23, 2007
Yay!
A bit like being called Betty in the 1990s. NWS!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pRpfDSldhA NWS!!!
Long live the Macc lads!

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

I'd hate to be the girl named Fillmore

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord
the girl named Obama

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

JiveHonky posted:

President Obama was born in AMERICA. He is an AMERICAN CITIZEN.

Principal Hellmann
Jul 29, 2006
"I'm sending you to dentention FOREVER, LIEMAN!"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0222233/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Principal Hellmann fucked around with this message at 00:52 on May 22, 2016

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Nathilus posted:

A rich southern heiress from somewhere near houston and back in the day was named Ima Hogg. She was actually pretty baller apparently and a lot of charitable associations have slapped her name on poo poo cuz of all the money she gave out. But goddamn that goes beyond a little bit of parental fuckery right into "why do you hate your daughter?" territory.

Take that back!

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope

jarofpiss posted:

Harrison Ford's been hogging them for too long

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

The Rage posted:

There's a huge broken drill in Seattle called Bertha

my reaction whever I hear "bertha" is fury mixed with a weird sense of whistful ownership

the two new light rail stops to cap hill and u-district have been life changing though, so hail bertha I guess

Trojan.exe
Feb 22, 2011

I never said I was a role model
What about names like Thaddeus or Algernon? I mean it quite earnestly, Algernon is a great name.

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

Trojan.exe posted:

What about names like Thaddeus or Algernon? I mean it quite earnestly, Algernon is a great name.

ehh, algernon a little flowery

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches

Applewhite posted:

Poindexter used to be the name of a powerful hunter before it got associated with nerds.

Isn't that Nimrod?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Borrowed Ladder posted:

Isn't that Nimrod?

Oh yeah it was. So who was Poindexter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007