Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

mAlfunkti0n posted:

Baby diaper stuffed in a tree.... oh wait that isn't weird that's just trash putting trash in places it doesn't belong because they're too lazy to carry it back out.

Sometimes that works out though. Once I came upon a tree where someone had put their cigarette butt into a knothole and it was catching fire by the time I had gotten there so I just walked two yards to another tree where someone else had left their Big Gulp cup suspended in the branches and dumped that on it. Crisis averted. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib

The Silver Snail posted:

Sometimes that works out though. Once I came upon a tree where someone had put their cigarette butt into a knothole and it was catching fire by the time I had gotten there so I just walked two yards to another tree where someone else had left their Big Gulp cup suspended in the branches and dumped that on it. Crisis averted. :)

I couldn't resist. I can't imagine what I'd use the baby diaper for though...

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.
I found a huge thread on a similar topic a few years ago and then managed to hunt around and find a bunch more on various other outdoor themed forums. They are an endless timesuck, but very interesting. Here's a few I have bookmarked:

iFish
Weird Stuff In The Woods - SurvivalistBoards
Creepy Stories from the outdoors - Survivalist Boards
Jeep Forum
Archery Talk
Glock Talk
Thumper Talk

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

poo poo gets weird when Christianity never fully converts Paganism. :stare:

Primo Itch
Nov 4, 2006
I confessed a horrible secret for this account!
nothing in my experiences beats findind an old bathtub among a flowering field in the trek around the airport in Puerto Williams (aKa The only place south of Ushaia).

'Scuse for black-and-white-artisty, but that's what I do :P Not leeching, site is mine.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

I found a 1950's Ford last fall while out kayaking. On a stretch of the Des Moines river that's in the middle of the woods with the nearest access point at least a couple miles off, just an old car sitting up to the doors in silt in an oxbow with a 10' bank behind it. I'm sure someone dumped there decades ago.

If the river's low enough to see it next time I go by I'll get a picture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Liquid Communism posted:

I found a 1950's Ford last fall while out kayaking. On a stretch of the Des Moines river that's in the middle of the woods with the nearest access point at least a couple miles off, just an old car sitting up to the doors in silt in an oxbow with a 10' bank behind it. I'm sure someone dumped there decades ago.

If the river's low enough to see it next time I go by I'll get a picture.

Speaking of weird stuff found while kayaking, here's a steam engine I found in the swamp the other week:

Also found some other abandoned machinery and stuff along the river, such as this shack:

• Locked thread