Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
WOW BREATH RAY WHYD YOU SUPPOIRT MAN U THAT’S SO RFANDON DOY DOY DOY
It all starterd when someone said I alkways thought you supported Man U. that got me thinking: what if I started supporting man u. it would be a great way to have skin in the game when there isn’t much topost about in the championship thread (bign Wednesday fan here). I live with a liverpol fan so it made perfect sense to go for a rival and at the beginning of the season man useemed to be an exciting prospect.

BEATING BARCA- AND THAT’S JUST PRESAESON
WE were in the europa champions league and had made some great signingsin the close saeason. Darmian had come across my radar when Italy beat England in the world cup, or would jhave done if I hadn’t been helping my s.o. move house that day, and now here he was playing fotr man u. we had an eXCiting talent in the diminutive fatherless shape of luvd memphjis depay plus seasoned prem player morgan schneiderlin as well as world cup winner bastian schneiderlin. David de gea had agreed to extend his contract , believing the death of Malcolm glazerto be a good omen for the season ahead. It all looked fairly fucjing rosy although I knew that Chelsea would present a huge challenge having won the title at a canter under sour faced misogynistjose mourinho.

MARTIAL LAW, WINS!
The season started brightly wiuth narrow wins against spurs and villa and a 3-1 demolition of Liverpool a bit later with antony martial, bought with the di maria money, scoring a peach of a debut goal to round things off. We then smashed 3 past soton and sunderland. This isthe life! I thought to myuself. This is like the original busby babes before they had to eat each other in the andes.

Then arsenal beat us 3-0 early in October and whoever was compiliung the 2015/16 man u season wikipedia abruptly gave up

WINTERS BONE
As late as late November we were second in the oleague but in December we crashed out of the CL and loist three on the spin against Norwich Bournemouth and even stoke ffs which left red devils fans manager Louis van gaal looking even more likea pieceof cured meat than ever.
The progress of Memphis Depay diipped slightly as this composite of his 2016 performances shows:

THERE WERE SOME POSITIVES
-we did the double over livderppol and let them beat us in the EL to prove how cool and aloof and generally just a biggetr club for whokm the el was completely infra dig we were/are.
-Days after liverpool had again fallen at the final hurdle in a second tier competition, we won the fa cup in dramatic fashuion in lvg’s curtain call
-we finished above Chelsea
-we finsihed above liverpool

BREATH RAY ON...

...JJOSE MOURHINHO
"Love the sneering little gobshite and cant think of many with a better record in the UK." Too right. Here's an artists iumpression of his arrival at the carrington training ground

...REPLACING DAVID DE GEA
"The toughest ask in football but you have to think the competitioon will be intense." Youre not wrong breath ray - auditions have already started. And now that liverpool have scooped someone from germany, man u are looking at another axis power - japan - for their new keeper. as you can see, he certainly getrs down well for a big flat faced mans rear end

...HIS PLANS FOR NEXT SEASON
"I wont lie to you, I've really been enjoying my poisting this season. i like to think it was great for man u to have me as a fan because I made the most popular post of the season even though - or perhaps because - it was antisemitic. and of course its been great for me personalluy. the offers have been rolling in from other cluibs amd my heart goes out to them - some of their posters are bloofy awful, and thats putting it mildly. but with wednesday booking theur place in the prem the hard way, I'm simply not available."

Well there you have it folks. Thanks for the meme-ories, down with liverpool and up the owls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Voted 5 GJ OP I'm glad your season long Odyssey was rewarding.

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
Voted 1 for the retarded typing gimmick

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
I'm gay

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Midnight on a Sunday night?

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
In addition to being a huge prick, I'm impressed by the use of robot images

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
very nice fellow pony

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Thanks all. Following a new team you have no affinity for as an adult is a bit like an arranged marriage - you have to be patient and take time to get to know the other person. Also you'll probably get a lot of abuse and its most common in poor backward countries like Indonesia and the unites states lol

Couple of tips: its good to 'lurk' matchday threads and don't forget to multichannel with established fans for deeper immersion:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013

Breath Ray posted:

Thanks all. Following a new team you have no affinity for as an adult is a bit like an arranged marriage - you have to be patient and take time to get to know the other person. Also you'll probably get a lot of abuse and its most common in poor backward countries like Indonesia and the unites states lol

Couple of tips: its good to 'lurk' matchday threads and don't forget to multichannel with established fans for deeper immersion:

OP you need to sort out your internal storage you're choking your poor phone's potential much like Van Gaal has with Rooney this season actually now that I think about it, which makes you think I think

Love the thread but would like to see some polls if possible, I love polls

• Locked thread