Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
I don't want to criticize Asterios in particular, but this article shows the problem with Donald Trump articles...

http://www.somethingawful.com/news/trump-tax-returns/

The problem with Donald Trump articles is, for the most part, that it is hard to satirize someone who is at the same time self-parody, and has apparently fooled almost half the country with it. This article points out that Donald Trump is a cartoon villain, but we don't need comedy articles to point that out, we just need to read the news.

And also, because SA's own comedy style has evolved from vintage "Middle School Lunchroom" to a more ironic, absurd form of comedy, it is kind of hard to make jokes about someone who is basically the master of the Middle School Lunchroom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
To be fair, I laughed at the article a few times. It may be low hanging fruit but he had fun with it

maporfic
Dec 11, 2015
There is currently a magic word to sell all forms of written word... Include that word in the title and watch the money roll in.

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

maporfic posted:

There is currently a magic word to sell all forms of written word... Include that word in the title and watch the money roll in.

op trying to work that dark magic

Naz al-Ghul
Mar 23, 2014

Honorarily Japanese
It's really surreal to watch Donald Trump jokes become more tired and overused in one political primary than Bush jokes over the course of eight years.

Not to say I don't detest Donald Trump's campaign, but the fruit hangs so low you could trip over it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Nazareth posted:

It's really surreal to watch Donald Trump jokes become more tired and overused in one political primary than Bush jokes over the course of eight years.

Not to say I don't detest Donald Trump's campaign, but the fruit hangs so low you could trip over it.

Miss him yet?

• Locked thread