Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

Friday, May 20th
  • Sebatian Bartlett set the Aurcade High Score in Red Baron: 35,300
  • Phillip Ahn (Shang Tsung) and Daniel Pesina (Johnny Cage) visited the Arcade

Awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There's also been an ongoing score war over Pooyan for months and every week these two guys flip flop on the current record and it's pretty cool. I should go back

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

In Training posted:

I like that guitar hero has stuck around random places as a arcade machine because guitar hero/rock band are still awesome. The price is usually bull rear end though it's like a buck a song.

Guitar Freaks or bust

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Ferrari F355 Challenge with the gated shifter is my poo poo. Sega was so cool.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This is my favorite crazy Sega machine

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Elevator Action 2

ahiwattamplifier
May 3, 2014

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Chuck Norris has an arcade game?

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Crypt Killer was my poo poo as a kid because of good pump shotgun feel

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

NickRoweFillea posted:

When I was younger, I wouldn't go in the arcade at Mr. Gatti's Pizza because it had House of the Dead in it and it scared me. Now I love House of the Dead. If you haven't played Dark Escape 4D, you should check it out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o03m8IXHVb8

Holy poo poo i played at a Gattis as a kid too, are you from Louisiana?

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
My roommate has an original '81 Donkey Kong cab sitting in our living room. It's pretty dope and we don't play it all the time which has helped to preserve it's freshness.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Benny D posted:

Holy poo poo i played at a Gattis as a kid too, are you from Louisiana?

Tennessee.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
We would go on vacation to Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg and we always went to Mr. Gatti's because it was cheap pizza and there were lots of activities to do. I think they had a go kart track?

Anyway one year when we went and I had toughened up enough to go in the arcade my dad and I played....Fighting Force, I think? It was a 3D brawler with extremely polygonal characters and QTEs both players had to do. I remember one was you're running down a hallway and if you don't press punch some guys come out of a door and you have an extra fight. Does anyone know what that game is called?

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

It sounds like Die Hard Arcade.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg are some of the most insane cities in America. They're Las Vegas level fake attraction towns built 2 hours away from civilization into the side of the smoky mountains. Definitely recommend a visit for those in the area.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I remember playing Revolution X not having heard of Aerosmith but I immediately assumed that they must have been one of the coolest bands ever because they had an arcade game

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I remember playing Revolution X not having heard of Aerosmith but I immediately assumed that they must have been one of the coolest bands ever because they had an arcade game

thats like when i was a kid and used to see the bat out of hell album cover in the jukebox and get so excited and then one day i heard it and was so upset

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

The Contra arcade cab at my local barcade has this thing going on where all the sprites look like they're on fire, anyone know anything about that? Googling it just brings up a bunch of articles about arcade fire the band.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

beepstreet posted:

Googling it just brings up a bunch of articles about arcade fire the band.

lol

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

NickRoweFillea posted:

Anyway one year when we went and I had toughened up enough to go in the arcade my dad and I played....Fighting Force, I think? It was a 3D brawler with extremely polygonal characters and QTEs both players had to do. I remember one was you're running down a hallway and if you don't press punch some guys come out of a door and you have an extra fight. Does anyone know what that game is called?

that's either Die Hard Arcade or Dynamite Cop (Die Hard Arcade 2)

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

HORMELCHILI posted:

thats like when i was a kid and used to see the bat out of hell album cover in the jukebox and get so excited and then one day i heard it and was so upset

lmao

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Yes, it is Die Hard Arcade. Wow, I haven't thought about that badass arcade game in so long.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

HORMELCHILI posted:

Lol but really that album is epic.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Paradise by the DS Backlight

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Every bar is a gaming bar when you have a New Nintendo 3DS

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

HORMELCHILI posted:

lol

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

goferchan posted:

Every bar is a gaming bar when you have a New Nintendo 3DS

THIS. NN3DSXL + Virtual Console x $5 Margs = Post-Modern Gaming Bliss

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Chill Penguin posted:

THIS. NN3DSXL + Virtual Console x $5 Margs = Post-Modern Gaming Bliss

how do you expect to game seriously when you're trying to fight off all of the women

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Checking streetpass at Death & Co like...

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Benny D posted:

how do you expect to game seriously when you're trying to fight off all of the women

well,here's the thing: MY SEXUAL IDENTITY WAS TURNED INTO A MEME BY IDIOTS

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

goferchan posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

goferchan posted:

when that happened to me one of the miis was named konata and she looked like konata, and i streetpassed konata like 8 more times after that

• Locked thread