Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

I could give a shit about all that.
Problem description: I recently like an idiot, didn't select the custom option when updating my nvidia drivers and now have installed their audio drivers. I no longer can access my onboard sound. It doesn't show in device manager, it doesn't show as an option in playback devices, it seems to have disappeared. And I have it enabled in the BIOS, so it should be able to be seen/found in Windows 10 but no dice so far.

Attempted fixes: Uninstall/reinstalling drivers. Updated BIOS. Searched google with no luck.

Recent changes: New monitor? Dell u2414h hooked up via displayport.
--

Operating system: Windows 10 64bit

System specs: Intel i7 6700, ASRock Z170M Pro4S, Gigabyte GTX 660, Dell u2414h

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

I'd try to use system restore and go back to before you installed those drivers if possible.

• Locked thread