Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
korrandark
Jan 5, 2009
lol at Tim Beck getting a nearly $300,000 raise for running JT Barrett into the ground.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
Lincoln Riley extended through 2020 @ $1.3m. Please never leave me.

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

korrandark posted:

lol at Tim Beck getting a nearly $300,000 raise for running JT Barrett into the ground.

I literally can't wait to see Herman lose his mind as his OC manages to destroy Buchele's footwork and probably get Ehlinger a concussion within a couple weeks from running him

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

TheGreyGhost posted:

I literally can't wait to see Herman lose his mind as his OC manages to destroy Buchele's footwork and probably get Ehlinger a concussion within a couple weeks from running him

It won't be a big deal because tons of players are going to get concussions in Herman's practices anyway.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

TheGreyGhost posted:

I want Tim Beck to work out so bad. :(

We should've kept Gilbert. :smith:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

quote:

Memphis: Head coach Mike Norvell has signed a 1-year extension taking him through 2021 with a “significant” salary bump for assistants, according to SI’s Pete Thamel. Norvell originally inked a 5-year deal that paid him $1.8 million in 2016 before leading the Tigers to an 8-5 mark in his first year on the job. Memphis paid Norvell’s assistants $2.15 million in ’16, sixth-most among AAC public schools according to USA Today.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

korrandark posted:

Well Barrett cannot throw... so what else was Beck going to do?

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Regnevelc posted:

Well Barrett cannot throw... so what else was Beck going to do?

He was a good passer before Beck got there.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

I don't think Memphis is going to be able to hang on to him much longer but good for him.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

MourningView posted:

I don't think Memphis is going to be able to hang on to him much longer but good for him.

Yeah Memphis has more money than I thought, but I'd be shocked if he was still there after the 2018 season.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

DJExile posted:

Yeah Memphis has more money than I thought, but I'd be shocked if he was still there after the 2018 season.

FedEx cash baby

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

NickRoweFillea posted:

FedEx cash baby

Worked really well with Fuente

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

more assorted money stuff!

quote:

Vanderbilt: Derek Mason has signed a 3-year extension — giving him a 5-year deal, with the option for a sixth — with a slight raise from his $2.5 million salary with extensions and raises for multiple assistants and an increased recruiting budget, according to Adam Sparks of the Tennesseean. Mason led the ‘Dores to a 3-9 mark in 2014, 4-8 in ’15 and 6-7 in ’16.

quote:

USC: According to Steve Berkowitz of USA Today, USC paid Lane Kiffin $2.5 million in buyout money in 2015, and likely paid him well over $6 million since parting ways. Berkowitz also adds, that Steve Sarkisian was paid nearly $3.3 million before being fired in October of 2015, and former AD Pat Haden made almost $2.8 million for the year.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

MourningView posted:

Worked really well with Fuente

I'm unironically happy for his success in moving up. I'm not a Tigers fan, but making them watchable again made the city more fun. That Saturday they beat Ole Miss was wild, and it was Fuente that did it, and so I'm glad he got to a P5

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

so Weiss makes about $24 million not coaching, Kiffen makes $6 mill for being fired, Sark has $3 million in to spend. I really just need to be a fired head coach from a big program.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
Hiring a guy who took over a top program is always a little scary.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
Ruffin McNeill to OU as Assistant Headcoach/Co-DL coach

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
2017 called. It has a carousel thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3823780

• Locked thread