Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I thought we were jumping right ahead to those tube things. 30 minutes LA to SF, I'm down. I don't give a poo poo if we can't get up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004
Japanese often embrace high speed trains as a form of suicide.

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

not really

they jump in front of regular commuter trains

they rarely go out of their way to get in front of a high speed train

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004

Tuxedo Gin posted:

not really

they jump in front of regular commuter trains

they rarely go out of their way to get in front of a high speed train

Oh sorry about that. I stand corrected. I am not as much of a Japanese suicide expert as I thought.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Raldikuk posted:

Also England and the UK aren't the same entity! The first one is just England.

It was clearly great britain in the first one. thetruesize included northern ireland but it's pretty obvious and can be ignored and there's still a difference. with mapfrappe you have to trace the country yourself, so I think he must have not done a good job.

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

Demonachizer posted:

Oh sorry about that. I stand corrected. I am not as much of a Japanese suicide expert as I thought.

it's slightly annoying in a morbid way because japanese commuter trains are on time to the minute but a couple times per month you won't be able to get to work/home because some kid/worker flung themselves in front of the train rather than face work/home/school

Danger Mahoney
Mar 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
We dont care about high speed rail because the entire issue here is framed as how to get some californian idiot from la to san francisco faster. So no investing billions to provide a slight convenience to the poo poo-tier population isn't that appealing

White Phosphorus
Sep 12, 2000

8 track betamax posted:

You mean the ones that grow all the food and produce all the oil?

You are stuck in the past century man. You don't need that crap anymore, Intellectual Property is what drives the economy now. All those states do is eat all the subsidies.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Everything will be okay as soon as someone figures out how to eat a credit default swap.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Dirk Squarejaw posted:

When 51%of Americans are unvaccinated, we will get high speed trains.

Wait i thought vaccines caused autism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

White Phosphorus posted:

You are stuck in the past century man. You don't need that crap anymore, Intellectual Property is what drives the economy now. All those states do is eat all the subsidies.

We'll be printing food soon anyway lets kickstart an app and disrupt corn

• Locked thread