Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sleepy.eyes
Sep 14, 2007

Like a pig in a chute.
Does any time travel make sense without the whole many worlds thing? A person born from two different periods makes sense to me, it's still basic human reproduction. It isn't like humans in the future got to the point where they can't breed with past humans anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
If you're being rigorous about it, yeah, but when the time travel in your story is enabled by mysterious magic rocks, it's pretty easy to just say "Also, they make time travelers magically immune to changes in the timeline". In this, though, all the NPCs keep their memories of other timelines too, which is way harder to explain away, even under a many-worlds system.

It's also a bit suspicious how all the projects you set in motion with Georama take exactly 100 years to the day to come to fruition, but that's not a paradox or anything; it's just contrived.

Crystalgate
Dec 26, 2012
Gotta love the dialogs.

Monica: The existence of the Gundorada Workshop was negated, but we are in the middle of negating the negation.
Plant Manager: Oh, so that's what happened!

Well, they use the words Origin Point a lot, but the nonsense doesn't become any less nonsensical because of that.

But more importantly, anyone else notice how incredible stiff the interaction between Max and Monica is? With a very few exceptions, every line is about the current task at hand. Even when an exception occur, it's usually still about the main story. There's no chatting, next to no curiosity about each other and so on. So far there has been one exception, that was when Max ran into the water at Venicio and asked Monica to join him.

Also, gotta love Monica's plan: "I board the battleship while you shoot at it."

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
Bear in mind this was Level-5's second game. After this they went on to Dragon Quest VIII and a bunch of other really good stuff until...well, White Knight Chronicles happened.

Apepresident
Nov 9, 2014

You sure made a post
Update
New episode out now!
So far we established that Gaspard is pure evil (not as bad as Griffon though).
How about we completely throw that over board and learn something about his "tragic" backstory which comes completely out of nowhere....

Crystalgate posted:

Gotta love the dialogs.

Monica: The existence of the Gundorada Workshop was negated, but we are in the middle of negating the negation.
Plant Manager: Oh, so that's what happened!

Well, they use the words Origin Point a lot, but the nonsense doesn't become any less nonsensical because of that.

But more importantly, anyone else notice how incredible stiff the interaction between Max and Monica is? With a very few exceptions, every line is about the current task at hand. Even when an exception occur, it's usually still about the main story. There's no chatting, next to no curiosity about each other and so on. So far there has been one exception, that was when Max ran into the water at Venicio and asked Monica to join him.

Also, gotta love Monica's plan: "I board the battleship while you shoot at it."

It might be stiff, but it's still a lot better than the first game.
They basically went from next to interaction at a lot of mediocre interaction between characters which is a major improvement in my books.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Somehow I missed this tread for so long, despite it being one of my favorite rpgs. KasaiAisu's LP was pretty good too, and I appreciated the previous thread for giving Dark Cloud 1 the attention it deserves. I feel that it gets a worse rap than it deserves because this game just improves so much on that one, though I'll actually go back and play that one on occasion because there are things that I do like about it just as much as this one, though it's kind of hard to pinpoint what (probably the aesthetic and the dungeons feeling a lot more dangerous) Looking forward to watching this in my spare time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Ugh, I'd forgotten he even pulls out the old "We are not so different, you and I". gently caress off.

• Locked thread