Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib
Problem description: My computer bluescreens randomly. In the past week or so, it bluescreened when opening a game, or just a few minutes into a game three times, and once when watching videos in a flash player. Today, I played several hours of Overwatch, but after restarting it after ~90 mins, it bluescreened within a couple minutes. Here is a link to the mini dump file.

Bug Check String: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Attempted fixes: I enabled system management of the page file on all my hard drives, increased the voltage on my overclocked CPU, cleaned out my dust filters, ran a disk check on all of my hard drives which showed no errors, and ran MemTest, also with no errors. GPU drivers are up to date.

Recent changes: None that coincided with the onset of blue screens

--

Operating system: Windows 7 Professional - 64 bit

System specs:
CPU: i5-2500k @ 3.8GHz
GPU: Radeon HD 6870, 8 GB RAM
SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB
Other HDDs: a 1TB Samsung HDD, a 2TB WD Green

I have Googled and read the FAQ: The attempted fixes were from google results.

My guess is that it's either my SSD or my GPU that's causing errors, but I don't want to replace both blindly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fruit Smoothies
Mar 28, 2004

The bat with a ZING
Please post some screenshots of the various drives in Crystal Disk Info

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

Fallen Rib

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

Fallen Rib
I realized I didn't check the firmware on my SSD, but Samsung Magician reports that it has the most up-to-date firmware available. It's looking less likely that my SSD is the problem.

I will be monitoring my GPU temps as I game, to see if that is what's causing the BSODs.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

unpronounceable posted:

I will be monitoring my GPU temps as I game, to see if that is what's causing the BSODs.

And use http://www.hwinfo.com/download.php to check CPU temperatures too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

Fallen Rib
It doesn't seem to be caused by my GPU temps, they topped out at 78°C before it bluescreened earlier. I didn't see my CPU temps. I did manage to get a picture of the bsod though:

Some googling says it is an AMD audio driver, so I made a restore point, uninstalled the driver, and we'll see what happens.

• Locked thread