Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Laundry isn't so bad. I have this thing in my house that does it for me.

MY WIFE! HEY-Ooooooooooooooo! Ho ho ho!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

not all of us have 2 deal withthe deadly combo of hi-c and poo poo stains tho

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Cantaloupe posted:

I know you're supposed to separate whites and coloreds... help
wow, racist much??????

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
what you really need to ask is why are washers and dryers two seperate machines in the first place; they both are using rotating drums, is it that hard to make the washer drum able to add heat

edit: apparently these exist but are not as popular in the US; God dammit, America :911:

ANIME IS BLOOD fucked around with this message at 16:42 on May 31, 2016

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Cantaloupe posted:

I know you're supposed to separate whites and coloreds but I have a white shirt with blue stripes, help

run4office

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
Laundry day is no where near as bad as bath day. That's the worst day of the month.

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps
I just buy new socks and donate/toss the old ones when I wear them once.

Plebes.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
You people dont fold your clothes jfc

:negative:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

thathonkey posted:

You people dont fold your clothes jfc

:negative:

I bought a million coat hangers so that I don't have to do that :smug:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Iron Crowned posted:

:hfive:

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

tenspott posted:

Laundry isn't so bad. I have this thing in my house that does it for me.

MY WIFE! HEY-Ooooooooooooooo! Ho ho ho!

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Iron Crowned posted:

That's what i said to op's mum when she asked for a condom

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
if you turn your clothes inside-out you can enjoy an entirely new clean layer!

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Roylicious posted:

I just buy new socks and donate/toss the old ones when I wear them once.

Plebes.

I worked on a campaign once for a guy running for Secretary of State in Minnesota and he would literally do this with socks and underwear.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Iron Crowned posted:

I hang my pants and dress shirts but that's about it...neverything else gets folded :confused:

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i've heard of folding at home, but this is ridiculous!!

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I thought of another fun laundry story.

My friend had recently moved to NYC and her building did not have laundry machines, so she had to find a neighborhood laundromat, which she had never used before. She figured that you put your laundry in and just come back in an hour later, put it in the dryer and come back an hour later and that there was a kind of mutual trust between people doing laundry that day. She came back to the laundromat to get her clothes out of the dryer and found a homeless lady standing beside her machine, wearing her jeans and one of her shirts. The homeless lady was using unattended machines as her personal clothing store and I guess my friend's clothes fit just right lol.

I also knew another girl back in college who had an entire load of laundry stolen out of her apartment's laundry room. And she was the type to wear somewhat expensive designer stuff, so according to her ~$1000 of clothes were taken that day.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mariana Horchata posted:

this thread was at page 1 when i originally planned to do the laundry, now its midnight and the clothes are still sitting there...whatever i dont even have work tomorrow

I wash an hour before bed and throw it in dryer while I sleep. Hope this helps.

naem
May 29, 2011

Pawn 17 posted:

I thought of another fun laundry story.

... NYC... mutual trust between people...

lol

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
NYC is the world's largest Zimbardo experiment

RusteJuxx
Jul 14, 2001

College Slice

OctoberBlues posted:

I worked on a campaign once for a guy running for Secretary of State in Minnesota and he would literally do this with socks and underwear.
Smart man. There is nothing as nice as a nice new cushy pair of socks every day. I bought 60 pairs last year to replace my aging mixed collection of random socks and it was so nice sliding on a new pair each day.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
its kinda funny if you think about it people used to raid the orient for fancy clothes and rare spices and nowadays the orient peoples caught onto the trick and just make all the clothes/spices and sell them to the west lol

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps

Lichy posted:

its kinda funny if you think about it people used to raid the orient for fancy clothes and rare spices and nowadays the orient peoples caught onto the trick and just make all the clothes/spices and sell them to the west lol

It's kind of just the same thing when you think about it though, we pay them basically nothing for the merchandise then sell it here at crazy mark ups. There's just an additional production step or two going on locally but those dudes aren't really seeing that much money relative to what the final revenues from retail sale are.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i need to do laundry

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

numberoneposter posted:

i need to do laundry

I'm sure you're fine, it's not like you do a bunch of strenuous exercise or anything.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Samsung stole Japanese toilet technology

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANdz2Q2Tygg

naem
May 29, 2011

I just picked up another ginormous hay bale of socks and tshirts and underwear all wrapped up in rubberbands, should probably work on finding the next ex mrs name to come give me bjs and when she stops to try to pull her hair back into a ponytail I can rummage around under my bed and hand her one of them

naem
May 29, 2011

Truly we are living in the best of all possible worlds

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

OctoberBlues posted:

I'm sure you're fine, it's not like you do a bunch of strenuous exercise or anything.
two things i need to do this week

laundry

and dry out

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
I'm doing laundry tonight it's not so bad. The only working washer in the basement had a finished load inside so I transferred the clothes to an open dryer because I'm nice like that.

The most strenuous part of laundry is walking three blocks to the laundromat just to use their change machine then walking right back to my apartment lol the price per load is the same but at home I can drink and smoke on the rooftop between washing and drying

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Toadvine posted:

I'm doing laundry tonight it's not so bad. The only working washer in the basement had a finished load inside so I transferred the clothes to an open dryer because I'm nice like that.

The most strenuous part of laundry is walking three blocks to the laundromat just to use their change machine then walking right back to my apartment lol the price per load is the same but at home I can drink and smoke on the rooftop between washing and drying

Just get quarters from your bank or even a random store if you ask nicely.

Also one of my favorite bad Bay area startup ideas involved mailed quarters to people to make doing laundry easier.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

if black is technically the absence of all color, do i still wash black clothing under the colored setting

this is upsetting me so greatly right now

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

etalian posted:

Just get quarters from your bank or even a random store if you ask nicely.

Also one of my favorite bad Bay area startup ideas involved mailed quarters to people to make doing laundry easier.

I don't have a bank nearby, bodegas are stingy with their coin rolls and the change machine takes tens and twenties so I'm set for a month at a time.

In college I used to walk to the bar down the street, use their change machine, then play a few rounds of pinball. Addams Family, then later, The Sopranos.

In college

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Iron Crowned posted:

this guy gets it

Mange Mite posted:

That's what i said to op's mum when she asked for a condom

this guy gets it