Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Oh christ forget i said anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

notZaar posted:

We have super violent movies and rap music in USA and that doesn't stop us from violently murdering each other.

No kidding. It's like a national pastime.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
guns make it easier to kill people, but we have been killing each other since long before guns existed. as weird as japan seems sometimes, they are still humans albeit humans with sideways vaginas. so no, extremely niche gory stuff doesnt dictate their behavior any more than it does elsewhere.

poo poo, if it was that easy japan would be a perfect utopia thanks to anime.

Kitsunegari
Aug 5, 2013

Serious Frolicking posted:

guns make it easier to kill people, but we have been killing each other since long before guns existed. as weird as japan seems sometimes, they are still humans albeit humans with sideways vaginas. so no, extremely niche gory stuff doesnt dictate their behavior any more than it does elsewhere.

Uh Japan is a perfect utopia

SOME PIG
Aug 12, 2004

Hittin' Switches,
Twistin' wigs with
Phat Radical Mathematical type Scriptures

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sankebetsu_brown_bear_incident

that is the most famous japanese bear attack, and it is an interesting story

Wow, that's the scariest thing I've read on the Internet in weeks. The most hosed up part for me was how it mauled the first woman and then dragged her out into the pitch black woods, and the only remains found were her head and legs. To me, that implies that she was still conscious or at least alive, though disabled, while the bear started to eat chew on her bowels and torso :state:

I'm glad they found a washed up alcoholic master bear hunter to finally kill it.

Everyone should read that, it's like an IRL movie.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Kitsunegari posted:

Uh Japan is a perfect utopia

Precisely. The Japanese aren't xenophobic, they just work really hard and don't want to bring in foreign help that doesn't work as hard.

Nanking was like that when they got there

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
maybe we should leave American children in the woods alone for a few days to toughen them up

I can guarantee you that none of the millennial college students who threw a fit because they saw Donald Trump's name written in chalk ever had to fend for themselves in the wilderness for 5 days

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

dethkon posted:

Wow, that's the scariest thing I've read on the Internet in weeks. The most hosed up part for me was how it mauled the first woman and then dragged her out into the pitch black woods, and the only remains found were her head and legs. To me, that implies that she was still conscious or at least alive, though disabled, while the bear started to eat chew on her bowels and torso :state:

I'm glad they found a washed up alcoholic master bear hunter to finally kill it.

Everyone should read that, it's like an IRL movie.

Its like how the bin laden raid had helicopter explosions and f-16 chases and brand new stealth technology

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

After coming back from working there I was at a party and this guy sidled up to me and asked if it was true. "Is what true?" "You know..." "No, I don't." "The vaginas, are they sidewise?" "How the gently caress would that even WORK?" They're at a 45 degree angle people!

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

After coming back from working there I was at a party and this guy sidled up to me and asked if it was true. "Is what true?" "You know..." "No, I don't." "The vaginas, are they sidewise?" "How the gently caress would that even WORK?" They're at a 45 degree angle people!

I've got this "joke" from several people because my fiancee is Chinese, enough that it's gone from being awkward to just being extremely annoying.

I mean christ everyone knows that it's a clockwards spiral (counterclockwise if Korean). Did no one take sex ed?

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sankebetsu_brown_bear_incident

that is the most famous japanese bear attack, and it is an interesting story

Oh there was a movie made of this, directed by

http://i.imgur.com/aSsBqHA.webm

DreamShipWrecked posted:

I've got this "joke" from several people because my fiancee is Chinese, enough that it's gone from being awkward to just being extremely annoying.

I mean christ everyone knows that it's a clockwards spiral (counterclockwise if Korean). Did no one take sex ed?

The Japanese population is dwindling for a reason. :(

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Cool bigfoot story.

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

I mean who has a chinese fiance...really

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yabanjin
Feb 13, 2007

I AM smiling.
The conclusion of this was kinda funny.
While the national guard was searching for him everywhere, he was chilling in one of their quonset huts.
5 days without food, but he did have some water.

A great outcome for the parents, as the authorities were starting to wonder if this was going to be a possible homicide.

• Locked thread