Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
My favorite ICSA thread was...
This poll is closed.
Hopper 5 8.20%
Scientastic 25 40.98%
Mid_Ben 4 6.56%
Phil Moscowitz 27 44.26%
Total: 61 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
PDP-1
Oct 12, 2004

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.
It's ICSA voting time!

This month's contest was titled "Round the World" and our chefs were challenged to make five dishes, each of which were to represent one of the seven continents with the exceptions of Antarctica and whichever continent they happen to live upon.

In addition to competing for internet sub-forum fame and the title of SA Iron Chef the winner will receive an Anova Precision sous vide circulator donated by the incredibly generous Captain Bravo!

They've done their hard work and now it's time for you, gentle reader, to do yours. Take a read through each of the threads below to see what our chefs made and how they made it. Then vote on your favorite and help crown them Iron Chef SA number 66!

Hopper Excuse me, Waiter, there Seems to be a Kangaroo on my Plate
Scientastic The Empire Strikes Back
Mid_Ben Get Smashed Locally, Eat Eggs Globally
Phil Moscowitz The Spice(s) Must Flow

Sadly nobody entered the NICSA tier contest this time. You would have thought someone would catch on to that and just enter a bowl of plain oatmeal to win a prize but no dice.

This poll will remain up for one week, until the poll window times out in 7 days (roughly June 8, depending on how the servers count days). Please have your votes in by then and stay tuned to see who won!

PDP-1 fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Jun 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
I liked all four entries but drat, I gotta go with Scientastic. Nailed his theme and had probably the best step by step breakdown of his process, which is something I always pay attention to in these.

PDP-1 posted:

Sadly nobody entered the NICSA tier contest this time. You would have thought someone would catch on to that and just enter a bowl of plain oatmeal to win a prize but no dice.

I almost did, but it's been so busy the last two weeks and all my friends worked over the holiday weekend (loving retail) and (insert excuses here)... I would have done a lot more than a bowl of oatmeal though.

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Jun 2, 2016

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Fantastic entries! Phew, good thing I didn't get to enter then. I was gonna NISCA with a Paneer Makhani app, a Bedfordshire Clanger, and a Pavlova. Good thing life and the kitchen situation has gone slightly to poo poo lately! Or else I would never get to NISCA again :(

I'm still gonna do the Clanger at some point though, that sounds awesome.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

I wanted to vote twice.

Cavenagh
Oct 9, 2007

Grrrrrrrrr.
I think having a NICSA running alongside the ICSA was a great idea. Shame no-one entered.

Hard to pick between entries. Each had a thing I wanted to eat and / or make.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Cavenagh posted:

I think having a NICSA running alongside the ICSA was a great idea. Shame no-one entered.

I was going to, honest, but I was out of town for most of the month and then I got a wisdom tooth out, and I underestimated how much that made me not want to do anything or eat solid food for a week.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

You should just make the NICSA prize into the chairman's prize and give it to someone whose food you liked but didn't win. Particularly if they are new to regular ICSA

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

PT6A posted:

I was going to, honest, but I was out of town for most of the month and then I got a wisdom tooth out, and I underestimated how much that made me not want to do anything or eat solid food for a week.

Oh god, I had the same thing a couple weeks ago. It suuuuuuuuuuuucks. If you're going to get wisdom teeth removed, do it when you're younger. Getting a tooth ripped out of your head at 37 is really loving awful. My stitches decided to rip out like not even 3 hours after the procedure because of all the swelling then I got a wonderful mouth full of blood for like half a day. UGH. I hope I never have to do that again. For six days I could only eat pasta, broth, soup and very soft bread.

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Jun 5, 2016

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
Just to give you guys a little taste, here's me packing up the circulator and mailing it off to PDP-1 for eventual prize distribution:

After looking at the entry threads, I don't feel quite so bad about giving my Anova away, as I'm pretty sure every single one of you can put it to better use than I can. Fight hard, great champions! :patriot:

PDP-1
Oct 12, 2004

It's a tie for first place!

:suspense:

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I just realised I would need to buy a massive transformer in order to use the prize, so as much as I would like to have won, it's probably a good thing I didn't!

Well done Phil Moscowitz, homemade sausages and pasta was always going to win...

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

To Scientastic and Phil Moscowitz, I literally flipped a coin to decide whom to vote for. You both did an outstanding job.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
Thanks! I think Scientastic's entry was extraordinarily well thought out, a better application of the theme, executed perfectly and most importantly looked amazing. Impressive entry and I voted for you because I thought you did better than me. I didn't think I had a shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PDP-1
Oct 12, 2004

Looks like the poll closed and it's Phil Moscowitz in a squeaker! Congrats and thanks to everyone who participated, hope you all had fun. I very much enjoyed watching the whole thing unfold and will for sure be stealing a recipe or two out of each entry thread in the near future.

If anyone ever does a combined ICSA/NICSA again lemme know and I'll donate the book to that NICSA round since I still feel like I owe the forums a prize.

Speaking of prizes - Phill, drop me a PM with your address and we'll work on getting your stuff in the mail!

PDP-1 fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Jun 9, 2016

• Locked thread