Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

I realize this is dumb, but I am desperate and there is absolutely no one you can contact at facebook.

Background. I recently cleared my browser's cache and cookies and used my Facebook username and password. However Facebook says my password was changed last Friday. Its possible I changed it and just forgot, or it was hacked, either way I do not know what the new password could possibly be, I've tried several different ones I would have used without success.
So, I figured I would attempt to change the password. I get the codes via text and email, but I would always get a message that said "You have used too many codes". Desperate at this point, I reported my account as compromised and attempted to change my password that way, but was greeted with an error.

So now whenever I attempt to change my password I am greeted with a "Temporarily blocked" message for mis-using this feature. My account is also apparently hidden, because several of my friends have told me I have "disappeared" from facebook. For example if I go to the account recover screen now, my profile pic is blank and it only shows my email, not my actual name. I am quite worried at this point because I was using Facebook to plan a camping trip this weekend with a bunch of friends whose contact information I otherwise do not have. I am also locked out now on the mobile site. Frustratingly, Facebook as ZERO support and their help page only list the methods to reset your password, but do not say anything if the reset codes do not work.

Has anyone encountered this before? Does anyone know where or who I could reach out to for help? I refuse to believe my account is beyond saving because my password got changed! Any and all help is appreciated and I hope this is the right subforum to ask. Below is an image of what my account looks like when I attempt to reset the password.

http://imgur.com/7z9JlCu

***EDIT**** never mind I was finally able to find a FB support request form and they were able to unlock my account. Took me a fair bit of Google searching though.

Solaris 2.0 fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Jun 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread