Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

I'm near the end of B&W, thinking about doing another play through and actually playing gwent.

Should I do NG+ or just start a second game.

I'd do NG+, and buy a couple of potions of clearance before you switch over. That way, you can change your playstyle a ton in White Orchard until you find something you want to stick with for a little while. Plus, you probably haven't finished your mutations and stuff. Stuff any gear you want to take with you in your stash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Bicyclops posted:

I'd do NG+, and buy a couple of potions of clearance before you switch over. That way, you can change your playstyle a ton in White Orchard until you find something you want to stick with for a little while. Plus, you probably haven't finished your mutations and stuff. Stuff any gear you want to take with you in your stash.

Sounds good. I've bought a few mutations already though, the first combat one, first sign one, and 2 of the alchemy ones (using euphoria at the moment), so I have 2 of the extra ability slots opened up.

Potions of clearance are probably a good idea because I'm definitely built towards concoction abuse due to having all the alchemy formula and have 5 points into acquired tolerance, which won't help at all in a new game.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

i’ve had a good time with ng+, because you don’t need to recollect all your alchemical recipes again and you essentially start with a ‘buffer’ of 50 odd skill points (counting places of power) which lets you experiment more with skill setups. it’s also the only realistic way to unlock all mutations so you open all 4 bonus slots.

otherwise it’s basically the same as a standard play through - your level coming in is treated as the new level 1 and everything scales up from there. even if you bring in the highest level gear you can from your previous playthrough, it’ll quickly be outlevelled by ng+ equipment, so you never feel OP.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

Sounds good. I've bought a few mutations already though, the first combat one, first sign one, and 2 of the alchemy ones (using euphoria at the moment), so I have 2 of the extra ability slots opened up.

Potions of clearance are probably a good idea because I'm definitely built towards concoction abuse due to having all the alchemy formula and have 5 points into acquired tolerance, which won't help at all in a new game.

It actually will. You keep your potions. You get weapon and armor diagrams again, but they're upgraded to reflect your higher level.

• Locked thread