Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

There are a lot of smart people in this forum and clearly a lot of experience when it comes to politics. I think it'd be helpful to begin sharing our CVs here so people know where our strengths and weaknesses are :)

Me:

-voted in 2004
-Shook hands with Mayor Daley once

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
from what i've gathered, the people here who work in politics don't generally go into any specifics

with the notable exception of brian boyko of course

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

please train migf to this thread so he can roleplay in here

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Bump.

Looking forward to documenting the deep reservoir of experience here in the 'CS

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

I'm Mayor McCheese.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
i am the president, obama, i'm the president obama

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

pathetic little tramp posted:

i am the president, obama, i'm the president obama

and im his best friend vice ;) president byeden

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

No thank you.

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000
I had a gig for a while and hated it. The people my age that were working in the field were either true believers or trying to network and act important. Both are terrible in their own ways. I'm better off as an observer.

Fiddler on the Reef
Apr 29, 2011

<---- future POTUS

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Ralph Nader skipped over my hand to shake at a rally in 2000

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

yeah i work in politics... the names obama, you may have heard of me

Karl Barks has issued a correction as of 03:49 on Jun 4, 2016

Flambeau
Aug 5, 2015
Plaster Town Cop
I'm preparing to run for the state legislature - been sending out dick picks to dozens of potential voters

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

I worked for millionaire David Trone who spent 10-20 million losing the Democratic primary for the eighth Congressional District. Turns out money can buy you a lot of legwork but can't make your employees care. He hired literally everyone who came in the campaign office, I swear he was sending Afghan refugees straight off the boat canvassing who didn't even speak English.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I'm Herman Cain.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

Squalid posted:

I worked for millionaire David Trone who spent 10-20 million losing the Democratic primary for the eighth Congressional District. Turns out money can buy you a lot of legwork but can't make your employees care. He hired literally everyone who came in the campaign office, I swear he was sending Afghan refugees straight off the boat canvassing who didn't even speak English.

that guy's campaign was pretty funny from a distance. what a bizarre waste of money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Real Paddy
Aug 21, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
District chair, campaign manager, newsletter writer. Jobs though? Lol. Don't you get money for those?

• Locked thread