Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aureliu5
May 28, 2016
I'd need to get both a small electric heater and a quality fan. Then again I hate getting bad quality stuff, I hate getting lots of junk, and I don't mind paying a bit extra for quality stuff.

So.. I've been looking at Dyson's fan heaters.

http://www.dyson.com/store/air-treatment.aspx?subcat=heaters

But at $400 price point I gotta say I hesitate.

Anyone knows if they are THAT good? Or, are there cool, hot budget alternatives around?

Cheers,

A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
A $400 fan/heater is more than "a bit extra"

Id just buy a simple fan and a space heater personally unless you just really want the look.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

We have the tall dyson fan that's just a fan and we love it. They're quiet, but quiet relative to other fans. We got ours on sale through Groupon so maybe keep an eye out there? It was refurbished and half off, but I could not tell that it wasn't brand new.

Aureliu5
May 28, 2016
Yeah.. i'd gladly pay $400 for the best item if it'll last for a very long time. I just hate throwing stuff away.

The question is whether its pretty good or uttely the best. :-)

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I have an AM05 I got refurbished from Woot for $160 a few years ago. "Quiet relative to other fans" is about how I would put it. I haven't really used the heating too much, but it seems to work well enough, and probably a bit better than a space heater.

They go on sale pretty frequently from various retailers, so maybe wait for one of those.

Aureliu5
May 28, 2016

Endless Mike posted:

I have an AM05 I got refurbished from Woot for $160 a few years ago. "Quiet relative to other fans" is about how I would put it. I haven't really used the heating too much, but it seems to work well enough, and probably a bit better than a space heater.

They go on sale pretty frequently from various retailers, so maybe wait for one of those.
Awesome, I'll look for one and then figure it out. :-)

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Overpriced massively for how well they perform. I mean they do the job but the premium over other stuff that does the same job (often better) is nuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

It looks good

• Locked thread