Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dismount
Jul 25, 2011
So My AC was making a loud clicking noise coming from the dash for the first few minutes of startup. I narrowed this down to the Blend Door actuator on the Driver's Side.

Replacing it was a pain due to the limited space you have to get the thing out. Once I put the part mack in, I went to test it and I had no air blowing at all.

My thermostat is stuck on whatever temperature the ambient temp is outside at the time of startup.

I pulled the 30 amp fuze under the hood to check if that might be the cause and it was good.

I pulled the blower motor to see if it had power at the harness, which it does, so I hooked the blower motor directly up to the battery and it turns on like a champ.

I'm guessing the next step is to check the resistor, but I'm not wanting to spend the money on a resistor if I don't have to. Any secondary steps to check before I go blow money on a resistor if I don't have to?

THanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dismount
Jul 25, 2011
Update:

I went and grabbed a resistor and plugged it in and got nothing.

I hard-wired the blower motor and bypassed the resistor and everything works except I can't change the vent the air comes out of or the fan speed. Is this going to be another blend door? Did I maybe put the replacement blend door in wrong?

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Is this your blue car? Check here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3616944

• Locked thread