Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Captain Yossarian posted:

It's the way Mexican rice is in like 99% of restaurants I've been to in this great nation of ours

I did see that when I searched for mexican rice a lot of them showed carrots and peas, but I can't say I've ever seen that at the "mexican" restaurants I've been to, it's usually just like spanish rice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

I had some fuckin HOT CHICKEN.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

OctoberBlues posted:

I did see that when I searched for mexican rice a lot of them showed carrots and peas, but I can't say I've ever seen that at the "mexican" restaurants I've been to, it's usually just like spanish rice.

Yeah I guess I could revise my estimate downwards it's been forever since I've been to the Southwest....

Worlds Smuggest
Mar 13, 2010

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I'm going to a Brazilian steakhouse, but not a very nice one according to Yelp.

Churriscaria is amazing, i've yet to find a bad one.

If it's just Brazilian themed steak house your hosed though.

Kitsunegari
Aug 5, 2013
Actually having a BLT wrap w grilled chicken I'm sorry I didn't mean to lie about my lunch

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Worlds Smuggest posted:

Churriscaria is amazing, i've yet to find a bad one.

If it's just Brazilian themed steak house your hosed though.

It;s a churriswhatever. Got 3 stars on Yelp, some people seem to think the meat is rubbery. All the bad reviews are super long which makes me think they came from people who are impossible to please, though. I'll give it a try.

Turdo
Jun 15, 2012

Tuesday's when I get Thai for lunch normally but I'm broke as poo poo and gonna eat some old hotdogs thanks for reminding me

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Im skipping lunch today because my girlfriend wants to go out for dinner.. god knows where

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Probably loving Applebee's :suicide:

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Im skipping lunch today because my girlfriend wants to go out for dinner.. god knows where

Well if it's her idea she'd best be paying!

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
White Castle baby hamburgers.

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010
Didn't have time to make lunch today, or eat breakfast, so I got a falafel wrap and two stuff grape leaves from a lebanese place. Good stuff and cheap.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

That doesn't explain why you are skipping lunch, your post is a non-sequitor.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Im not that fat? If I'm going to eat a very large dinner somewhere, it doesn't make much sense for me to also go somewhere and get lunch. It ensures I am hengry for dinner I hope this clears things up for u re eating

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
You're gonna have a bad time lifting before dinner if you skip lunch...

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Oh I didn't mean to imply that I was in shape or fit or working out in any way, I'm just not fat 🐂

cnut
May 3, 2016

I heated up some homemade chicken cacciatore leftovers. Thanks for asking, OP! And, yes, it was delicious!

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Instead of lunch, I'm about to watch Popstar at the cinema, OP.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
If I can find some spare change in my jacket I'll go get some burger king and silently weep as I eat.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Protiop for those at a cheap "mexican" restaurant.

Get a fajita meal - so you get a plate of steak/veggies, plate of tortillas, and a plate of rice/guac/salsa/beans.

Just pig out on the free chips they give you by dipping them in the normal salsa, but also the rice/guac/salsa/beans! You can eat til you're drat sick and still have leftover all of your steak/veggies/fajitas which you can save for a whole other meal!

Cyber Punk 90210
Jan 7, 2004

The War Has Changed
A small order of Wendy's Chili with extra onions, just like every other day.

jlechem
Nov 2, 2011

Fun Shoe
I'm going to the cafeteria for lunch, I'm contemplating pizza or the grill special with my 32 oz Diet Mountain Dew

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Lamb saag.

Mustached5thGrader
Oct 1, 2011

My mother won't let me grow a goatee.
I was home yesterday but I'm working today. I work for a startup and we get free catered lunch. Oh yeah baby! It was ethnic food and I couldn't eat because of my diseased colon. I'll be in diapers before I'm 40 :(

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
I'm sad and pathetic and poor. I had a 99 cent soft pretzel from 7-11

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

The Bananana posted:

Instead of lunch, I'm about to watch Popstar at the cinema, OP.

It was good. In case y'all wanted to know. Better than a grilled cheese sandwich or taco.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
I had a hot dong

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

ChrisHansen posted:

You are very bad at being poor, buy some rice or something if you want to max out your calorie/dollar ratio.

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010

ChrisHansen posted:

notZaar posted:

You are very bad at being poor, buy some rice or something if you want to max out your calorie/dollar ratio.

Add some beans and whatever vegetables you can to that rice and you've a full meal that is relatively cheap.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

Today I toasted 2 pieces of whole wheat bread and put a slice of American cheese between them. It was alright.

tazjin
Jul 24, 2015

I had some indian food with garlic chicken, and my vegan colleague got the same thing because he realised veganism is a loving scam

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Tomorrow I'm gonna bake a chocolate cake and eat it for lunch

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
So I'm in LA until tomorrow so I went to my favorite sicknasty deli on the border of Inglewood and Culver City. Was legit good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
my beef jerky no one remembers from a few pages ago turned out pretty good. moving on to the squid now.

• Locked thread