Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Iron Crowned posted:

have you ever had a real stout?

Probably, if Hoegarden or Leffe is a "stout"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

EmperorFritoBandito posted:

Have you ever tasted a Guinness?

Because I never have, despite drinking it numerous times.

guiness, bluemoon, shock top

a good litmus test

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

notZaar posted:

Probably, if Hoegarden or Leffe is a "stout"

that's a witbier and a pale ale so in other words, nothing close to a stout or even a porter

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

grab a pack of real stout from a liquor store and give it a try

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
what the world needs more of is hoppy-as-gently caress porters and stouts.

Cigar City makes a hoppy porter called Jose Marti and it's loving awesome but it's only seasonal. And they stopped releasing it in 6-packs and only do big bottles now, which I hate

SOME PIG
Aug 12, 2004

Hittin' Switches,
Twistin' wigs with
Phat Radical Mathematical type Scriptures

City of Tampa posted:

what the world needs more of is hoppy-as-gently caress porters and stouts.

Cigar City makes a hoppy porter called Jose Marti and it's loving awesome but it's only seasonal. And they stopped releasing it in 6-packs and only do big bottles now, which I hate

We were getting Cigar City down at the Naples ABC store, I really love that stuff.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

dethkon posted:

We were getting Cigar City down at the Naples ABC store, I really love that stuff.

Jai Alai is my jam

GRILLARY CLINTON
Mar 5, 2016

I know the devil is real.
I know the devil is real.
plz recommend good dark/black lagers thx

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

:hfive: bruvs be4 luvs

Iron Crowned posted:

it's top tier lovely beer though

Try Hamm's, you will thank me later.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

GRILLARY CLINTON posted:

plz recommend good dark/black lagers thx

New Belgium 1554 is great but you've probably already had it

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

I'm starting to see like a lot of coffee porters around now and I'd just like to stake out here and now that I liked them first. me. I liked the coffee porters before the hipsters did

I had my first one in 2003 at the Church Brew Works in Pittsburgh. Changed my life, man.

SOME PIG
Aug 12, 2004

Hittin' Switches,
Twistin' wigs with
Phat Radical Mathematical type Scriptures

City of Tampa posted:

Jai Alai is my jam

It's my jam, my jelly, my pb, AND my toast. Speaking of Jai Alai, you just reminded me that I helped set up the TV control room at the Tampa Greyhound Track back when it was still open. Not beer related, just happy I could contribute to your illustrious city, sir. :patriot:

To be fair...
Feb 3, 2006
Film Producer
People who don't like Heady Topper are loving communists and must be lined up against the wall Trump is building.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Lt. Chips posted:

My favorite IPA is Sculpin. What is yours OP?

Sculpin is way overpriced. It's actually relatively more economical to buy it in a bar since it is closer in price to other beers on tap vs buying it in a store where it is like double the cost.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

dethkon posted:

It's my jam, my jelly, my pb, AND my toast. Speaking of Jai Alai, you just reminded me that I helped set up the TV control room at the Tampa Greyhound Track back when it was still open. Not beer related, just happy I could contribute to your illustrious city, sir. :patriot:

I think that the greyhound track is still open, except it's all poker and off-tack horse betting now and no dogs afaik. good job!

Kitsunegari
Aug 5, 2013

City of Tampa posted:

Jai Alai is my jam

Is Jai Alai only available in Florida? I was just down there on vacation and I had a LOT of it, it rules, but I don't see it anywhere up here in NJ.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I like Squatters Hop Rising Double IPA.

9% abv and only $8.99 for a six pack.

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
I like o'douls

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Kitsunegari posted:

Is Jai Alai only available in Florida? I was just down there on vacation and I had a LOT of it, it rules, but I don't see it anywhere up here in NJ.

I think it's kinda limited but I never travel anywhere out of Florida so who knows?

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

FogHelmut posted:

Sculpin is way overpriced. It's actually relatively more economical to buy it in a bar since it is closer in price to other beers on tap vs buying it in a store where it is like double the cost.

You are absolutely correct.

But it's good and I'm a sucker.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
12 packs of Torpedo for $12.99

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
This thread is like I hate X sports team/game. Prolly the same guys.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
Y'all ain't never tasted real beer not like my local small time brewery that no one knows or cares about

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

nawcom posted:

that's a witbier and a pale ale so in other words, nothing close to a stout or even a porter

Sounds like I need to pick up a six pack of Witbier because it was delicious

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

interwhat posted:

Y'all ain't never tasted real beer not like my local small time brewery that no one knows or cares about

I've got a brewery in my town of 1500 that people come from miles, many times hundreds, to drink the iPad.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

i'm drinking a pilsner tonight

it is one of my favorite crisp refreshing beers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garcin
Jun 15, 2000

Dubplate Fire posted:

Try Hamm's, you will thank me later.
Hamm's the beer refreshing, Hamm's the beer refreshing... Haaaaammmmmmmsssss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yHsoW6CTjM

Best beer and bear at work:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sc2xsxlNlRc

I'm kinda done with the whole IPA phenomenon and since I'm on my second liver (thanks John "transplant" Doe!) I just stick to chugging mouthwash.

• Locked thread