Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat
Just finished season 2 and I really hope to see another episode or two like Space Mall in season 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Lepecard posted:

Just finished season 2 and I really hope to see another episode or two like Space Mall in season 3.

Space Mall was the highlight of what was otherwise disappointing season. It had the best action, the best comedy, and the best character work of the season, all in one episode. I hope they look carefully at what they did right with that episode and adjust accordingly.

The lion / voltron action scenes were generally speaking boring enough that I began to be actively frustrated when I heard shiro say 'Form Voltron!'
That's a bad thing in a show about Voltron. And the character work was just overall dissapointing. Alura was never exactly a deep character but she was way more fun in season 1. Lance, Corran, and Hunk might as well have not been in this season.

It's not all bad. Some of the on-foot fight scenes were pretty good! The episode where Keith tries to join the Galra rebels had some neat set-pieces, and many of Shiro's on-foot fights were well done, especially his DBZ-esque dream-sequence fight with Zarkon in 'Space Mall'.

I don't know if I'll come back for a third season unless I hear some really positive buzz.

Chedranian Girl
Sep 15, 2008

IS THAT A WEAPON?
Man, I LOVED this series so much. I enjoyed S1 a lot (certainly enough to be excited about a second season) but this one blew it out of the water for me. The final two episodes were SO intense and had me literally on the edge of my seat, the battles were incredible and every reveal was just epic as heck to me. There are SO many open threads now for S3 - I assume the show's popular enough that we needn't worry about it being renewed for a third series? Because, dang, I need some answers. Also, Space Mall was the best episode of the lot. Perfect blend of character progression/action/drama combined with the perfect silly comedy I adore Voltron for. Plus, y'know, Pidge is a sweetheart.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Chedranian Girl posted:

Man, I LOVED this series so much. I enjoyed S1 a lot (certainly enough to be excited about a second season) but this one blew it out of the water for me. The final two episodes were SO intense and had me literally on the edge of my seat, the battles were incredible and every reveal was just epic as heck to me. There are SO many open threads now for S3 - I assume the show's popular enough that we needn't worry about it being renewed for a third series? Because, dang, I need some answers. Also, Space Mall was the best episode of the lot. Perfect blend of character progression/action/drama combined with the perfect silly comedy I adore Voltron for. Plus, y'know, Pidge is a sweetheart.

Was them riding the hovercow down to the next floor a visual reference to the first episode?

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

I enjoyed this season a lot; much more than season 1. I think a big part of it was because Keith actually got character development this season; though Lance still hasn't had any. It's honestly kind of odd that a character focused show with such a small cast seems to miss giving supposed central characters any development or real story lines (I don't think 2 minutes of "I'm the sharpshooter now" really counts) for multiple seasons.

I think the small cast (that should allow plenty of time to develop everyone) continues to be a problem with the show, especially given the galactic scale of the show. That said, the introduction of the various ally groups like the Blade of Malmorra (sp?) was good, though it only having like 5 people was odd.

I loved the humor. I laughed out loud multiple times an episode, and I don't remember that happening last season. Some genuinely clever jokes and references that made the whole thing a lot of fun.

I wish Zarkon hadn't survived. He's just way too one-note to be an interesting villain. He has no personality whatsoever beyond "I WANT THE BLACK LION!!!" (just how many times did we see the "I need MORE POWER!!" *Zarkon get's zapped by witches scene?). I was hoping he'd properly kick the bucket so Hagar could take over as the primary antagonist. I feel like the show has given her much better characterization, plus she and her cronies are just a lot scarier than Zarkon is.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Arcanen posted:

I enjoyed this season a lot; much more than season 1. I think a big part of it was because Keith actually got character development this season; though Lance still hasn't had any. It's honestly kind of odd that a character focused show with such a small cast seems to miss giving supposed central characters any development or real story lines (I don't think 2 minutes of "I'm the sharpshooter now" really counts) for multiple seasons.

I think the small cast (that should allow plenty of time to develop everyone) continues to be a problem with the show, especially given the galactic scale of the show. That said, the introduction of the various ally groups like the Blade of Malmorra (sp?) was good, though it only having like 5 people was odd.

I loved the humor. I laughed out loud multiple times an episode, and I don't remember that happening last season. Some genuinely clever jokes and references that made the whole thing a lot of fun.

I wish Zarkon hadn't survived. He's just way too one-note to be an interesting villain. He has no personality whatsoever beyond "I WANT THE BLACK LION!!!" (just how many times did we see the "I need MORE POWER!!" *Zarkon get's zapped by witches scene?). I was hoping he'd properly kick the bucket so Hagar could take over as the primary antagonist. I feel like the show has given her much better characterization, plus she and her cronies are just a lot scarier than Zarkon is.

i seriously doubt that zarkon has survived in any manner that'll be threatening. i'm pretty sure the only reason he's still around at all is so haggar robeasts him after she's got the prince on the throne

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

News! Season 3 confirmed for September this year, 13 more episodes. In total, there's a commitment to 78 episodes.

http://news.toyark.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2017/02/Toy-Fair-2017-Playmates-Voltron-001.jpg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.

Kurui Reiten posted:

News! Season 3 confirmed for September this year, 13 more episodes. In total, there's a commitment to 78 episodes.

http://news.toyark.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2017/02/Toy-Fair-2017-Playmates-Voltron-001.jpg

Holy poo poo! That's so exciting, and I am thrilled to see what the showrunners can do with that many episodes to play with.

September is pretty soon, I wonder if they had a lead-in period before the show aired or if they're using multiple studios alongside Studio Mir?

• Locked thread