Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZvsazWNOq4

quote:

Dual Universe is a sandbox first-person MMORPG set within a seamless Sci-Fi universe made of millions of planets. The world is entirely editable, and the game focuses on massive scale emergent gameplay based around exploration, voxel building, trade, politics and warfare.

NOTE: DUAL UNIVERSE IS CURRENTLY IN PRE-ALPHA DEVELOPMENT

Thanks to procedural generation algorithms, there is no limit to the number of planets and star systems we can generate. As the game grows, so will the Universe, players will discover planets gradually as their spaceships take them further and further from the Arkships. So to answer the question: the Dual Universe is as big as far as you can travel.

Emergent gameplay: Dual Universe is a sandbox first-person MMORPG set within a seamless Sci-Fi universe made of millions of planets. The world is entirely editable, and the game focuses on massive scale emergent gameplay based around exploration, voxel building, trade, politics and warfare.

Planets may range from a few hundred to thousands of kilometer in radius, so even exploring the surface of just one planet is a big task and would takle a long time to circumnavigate without the right equipment.

Building: Thanks to voxel based technologies, players will be able to build starships, buildings, cities and satellites.

Economy: Universe is realistic and influenced by the masses. Initiate a market exchange, harvest resources and sell them, start an industrial empire, do marketing and logistics, create a bank or your own company

Scriptable ships/constructs: For advanced players, the ability to script any ship/construct (LUA) to redefine how it is controlled, from navigation to weapon systems. You can even script your own A.I. to assist you!

Read the short-story based in the universe of Dual Universe
https://dual-static-web.s3.amazonaws.com/static/pdf/Dual-Universe-English.pdf

Devblog
https://devblog.dualthegame.com/

2018/2019 release, looking forward to the Kickstarter :^)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
every op you write is an automatic :siren: DO NOT PLAY :siren: warning and this service has helped me greatly. thank you, friend alexander

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Get help. :yikes:

forge
Feb 26, 2006
I think this is the new google earth program. Maybe I am wrong.

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo
Someday there will be a pre-alpha game I give a poo poo about. Today is not that day

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Okay, that's true. Good point, Marquess. Point for you. But you get a point taken away for being a dick. So, back to zero.

Blazing Zero posted:

every op you write is an automatic :siren: DO NOT PLAY :siren: warning and this service has helped me greatly. thank you, friend alexander

Pretty much this.
Thanks again Alex!

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
Those are some pretty sweet jpgs. How much?

Orv
May 4, 2011
The moment this showed up I knew you would make this thread, just like I knew it would never exist.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
man alex why you gotta be like this

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
For one this isn't an mmorpg because there are going to be something like a billion planets and the likelihood of actually meeting someone else without planning it out outside the game are slim. Also isn't this just going to be a fancier No Man's Sky?

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Freakazoid_ posted:

man alex why you gotta be like this

I was like, oh this sounds cool then I saw the OP and was welp.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ShadowMoo posted:

For one this isn't an mmorpg because there are going to be something like a billion planets and the likelihood of actually meeting someone else without planning it out outside the game are slim. Also isn't this just going to be a fancier No Man's Sky?

i dont think massively multiplayer online has strict game world parameters but im not a coumputer

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

one day OP will get on the groundfloor of the ffa full loot late 90s early 00s throwback sandbox crowdfunded game that delivers and then who will have the last laugh :v:

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Saw the thread title, noticed it read like "Generic Sci-Fi Sandbox - buzzword buzzword buzzword buzzword buzzword"... and then saw the OP was by Alexander DeLarge.

Gentlemen, I think we're done here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I am here for a bad alex game thread

• Locked thread