Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug
Hi AI, hi IOC, please don't probate me. I know there's an A/T thread for car recommendations, but this is a bit more specific, and a bit more short notice.

I've got about 48 hours to decide whether or not to try to pick this up.

It's a 2014, and has done under 20,000 km. That's right - km. I'm in the Gulf, and the owner of this car needs to leave on Thursday, and can't if he still owns a car. So at the moment, he wants $20.5k for it. I think I might be able to squeeze him a little more on the price, too.

It's a 5.0 GT, and has 'a few upgrades' fitted - I need to talk to him about that. The seller's known to me, and he's not a young idiot (despite what his car choice seems to say.) But then, neither am I. I'm mid-40s, and would sell my 2007 Subaru Forester if I bought this.

Pros.
- Look at it. What a toy.
- 97 Octane unleaded is US$1.35 a (US) gallon.

Cons.
- Look at it. What a tit.
- I'm 44 with two small kids. Would they even fit in the back? Would they never speak to me again if I put them in the back?
- I'm British. Shouldn't I be driving a Maestro or something? This is a bit shouty.

Is there anything I need to look out for in this model? I'm assuming that as long as it's been serviced on the button then it'll be fine - is that a good assumption?

I will listen to the will of A.I. Shiny & chrome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Might I ask where you keep your forced induction accessories?
Grimey Drawer
None of your cons outweigh your pros.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

BoostCreep posted:

None of your cons outweigh your pros.

Seconded.

Buy it. Buy it now.

If you don't, you'll regret it later. V8 powah is intoxicating.

Seik
Apr 15, 2006

Yes, I am indeed purple.
Pillbug
Small kids will fit in the back.

Also, this car will allow you to drive fast enough that no one will see what a tit you look like. You'll just be a blue vaguely tit shaped blur.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Buy the gently caress out of it and drive it like you stole it.

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug
Why do I get the suspicion that I asked the wrong thread? All y'all a bunch of enablers.

Anyway, test-drive obtained. The owner took me out and about. He's super slow over the many speed bumps here in Qatar, and I think that the front susp[ension may need tightening up sometime in the next 6 months. But it's quick and loud, and the back end gets a bit squirrelly around the roundabouts here - the dust doesn't help.

I then took it out for a blast. I had to be a bit careful - it's a US import, and the speedo is in something weird called MPH? Anyway. Clutch feels fine, the brakes stop straight and true. It even fits in my car-port here. The engine bay is a bit dusty.

Are Brembos stock on the GT?

It's got a few little car-park dings and dents, nothing too major. (Although, gently caress - that looks awful in the picture!)

I dunno - it looks good, eh? I'm going to sleep on it. The wife and kids get back in 15 minutes, and I'll see their reaction. (I called my wife, and said, Listen to this! then gave it some revs. She was so pleased that she screamed at me!)

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
As a new Mustang owner I'd just like to point out to you that 48 hours buys a hell of a body count.

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh
Brembos are not stock on 5.0, that means it has the track pack, which also includes 3.73 gears (most mustangs come with 3.55) with torsen limited slip diff, boss 302 radiator and oil cooler. Also the wheels are upgraded to 19" to fit the bigger brembos, and they have summer pzero tires (not amazing, but better than all season especially where you are). This was a $2,350 option that was a no brainer for anyone looking to drive the car hard.

If you want the car to sound even better then buy corsa catback and never look back.. zero drone, opens up at like 3000rpm so you can keep it relatively quiet on long trips/mornings.

The front suspension in these cars has bushing problems or something, if you ask the mustang thread someone can probably weigh in. Its still probably under warranty i guess so you might be able to have stuff fixed. The only other problem these tend to have is sometimes the transmission can be really picky about going into 2nd gear, which is kind of a problem, i hear its mostly in cold weather though so you should be good.

Basically for $20,000 i feel like this is an insane car for where you will be driving it (lots of flat roads to just gun it). If you put corsa catbacks on your MPG will shoot down the toilet because the sound is addicting. Maybe get some real sticky michelin pilot super sport 2s as well

edit: looks like exhaust is already aftermarket

coolskillrex remix fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Jun 15, 2016

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Teach posted:

I dunno - it looks good, eh? I'm going to sleep on it.

While you are asleep, I am going to buy a plane ticket and come out there and buy it.

Does the thought of that make you feel sick?
Am I threatening to steal 'your' car?

There you are...go with your heart.

spog fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Jun 15, 2016

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

"By my deeds I honour him, V8."

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Offer him 17,500 and change the air filter. Enjoy.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
It thirsts for the blood of bystanders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
buy it but low ball the poo poo outta the guy

• Locked thread