Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I've been a huge ABC fan forever, and every so often I check and see if they're playing in America (not this year :(), but I just went to their website and holy poo poo

http://www.abcmartinfry.com/

Lexicon of Love is my favorite album of all time, without question. Perfect in every way, from the clever lyrics to the orchestration. I recorded a 25th anniversary performance of the album ABC did at Royal Albert Hall a few years ago somewhere on my hard drive - Martin's voice hasn't aged at all.

I'm interested to hear what people think of this. Usually doing sequels to your most famous album never works well (Bat Out of Hell), but I'm sure Martin has more to say about romanticism 30 years on.

This is the first single:

Viva Love

EugeneJ fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Jun 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazlo Nibble
Jan 9, 2004

It was Weasleby, by God! At last I had the miserable blighter precisely where I wanted him!
As I understand it, the album wasn't actually recorded as an intentional sequel to Lexicon, but got the name as a marketing ploy after it was handed over to the record company. I would have bought it either way, but without Horn producing they really have no business trying to tie it back to the original.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I'm disappointed that a lot of the tracks have drum tracks instead of a proper drummer. That could have been intentional to make the songs sound similar to the How to be a Zillionaire album, but since some tracks on this have drums and some don't it sounds uneven. Almost like they just threw demos on it as filler.

At least they got David Palmer to come back for Traffic a few years ago. That is a great album.

• Locked thread