Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

:hellyeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
I scored a free pass to go to ComicCon this weekend and IDEGAF

What a hassle! v:rolleyes:v

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

I scored a free pass to go to ComicCon this weekend and IDEGAF

What a hassle! v:rolleyes:v

Post pictures or IDGAF, because of airfare.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
The real lesson of this crib universe is that the realm of the gods is fraught with even deeper and more timeless ignorance, despair and suffering.

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

VendaGoat posted:

Post pictures or IDGAF, because of airfare.

Great thread for making suggestions, Lebowski!

Erostratus
Jun 18, 2011

by R. Guyovich
I’m in the same house where my mother died. I remember staying with her for the couple weeks prior to her death. She was bed-ridden, and i spent most of my days and nights either on the couch beside her or in my room. It was always noisy. There was a humidifier running, oxygen tanks going, muted television voices and static in the background, moans…and the beeping.

The beeping would not go away, and originated from the freezer for some reason and could not be disabled. So there was an endless beeping akin to a heart-rate machine. It would drive my mother crazy and every so often would burst out of bed to beat on the freezer or fiddle with the controls. She was powerless and dying, but occasionally forgot that and tried to rebel as she always did.

And it depressed me, because even in her dying moments she couldn’t have something as simple as a little quiet. She never had anything in her life. She was abused, uneducated, thrown aside, and died young. She was the epitome of the struggles of the south; the struggles of the poor. Stoic in the face of nothing, even in the end she was shafted once more by the constant reminder of time. Why didn’t i try to look it up online? Why didn’t i just start unscrewing things until it stopped beeping? Why did everyone let her suffer and why did we ignore her needs?

It’s still beeping. Some 4 years later, and the freezer still beeps incessantly. I thought of looking it up tonight, avenging my mother in some sort. But i won’t. Nobody will stop that beeping.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Erostratus posted:

I’m in the same house where my mother died. I remember staying with her for the couple weeks prior to her death. She was bed-ridden, and i spent most of my days and nights either on the couch beside her or in my room. It was always noisy. There was a humidifier running, oxygen tanks going, muted television voices and static in the background, moans…and the beeping.

The beeping would not go away, and originated from the freezer for some reason and could not be disabled. So there was an endless beeping akin to a heart-rate machine. It would drive my mother crazy and every so often would burst out of bed to beat on the freezer or fiddle with the controls. She was powerless and dying, but occasionally forgot that and tried to rebel as she always did.

And it depressed me, because even in her dying moments she couldn’t have something as simple as a little quiet. She never had anything in her life. She was abused, uneducated, thrown aside, and died young. She was the epitome of the struggles of the south; the struggles of the poor. Stoic in the face of nothing, even in the end she was shafted once more by the constant reminder of time. Why didn’t i try to look it up online? Why didn’t i just start unscrewing things until it stopped beeping? Why did everyone let her suffer and why did we ignore her needs?

It’s still beeping. Some 4 years later, and the freezer still beeps incessantly. I thought of looking it up tonight, avenging my mother in some sort. But i won’t. Nobody will stop that beeping.

you can take some comfort in knowing it doesn't matter. or keep letting it weigh on you. that doesn't matter either

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Just lol at you if if your existence isn't full of constant, furious purpose.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Op u should read some Ligotti he's a regular fucken laff riot

https://www.goodreads.com/work/quotes/2696709-the-conspiracy-against-the-human-race

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
I keep hearing this book title and remembering it's been on my read list for a while then I read this poo poo and goddamnit this is a great reason to drink in the morning...

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

Erostratus posted:

something as simple as a little quiet

'A little quiet' is not as simple as you'd think.

Peace comes to us all though, given time.

Peace be with us all.

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

makes me glad to be bipolar. depressed little bitches should stay up for a week straight until they can hear everyone's thoughts, that'll show them what's-what

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
i'm gonna loving die

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

Swan Curry posted:

i'm gonna loving die

Me too, weird.

Join the club, I guess?

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Best Giraffe posted:

makes me glad to be bipolar. depressed little bitches should stay up for a week straight until they can hear everyone's thoughts, that'll show them what's-what

gently caress yeah! That poo poo is hella gay! I do my best to not go more than a couple days without sleep if I'm on the upswing these days. Sticking to a daily bedtime like clockwork really helps. I've been bad with that the last few weeks and welp my head is getting a little wonky. Back to Spartan discipline. I enjoy an emotionally balanced, rationally-thinking view of the abyss, TYVM.

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

Pvt.Scott posted:

gently caress yeah! That poo poo is hella gay! I do my best to not go more than a couple days without sleep if I'm on the upswing these days. Sticking to a daily bedtime like clockwork really helps. I've been bad with that the last few weeks and welp my head is getting a little wonky. Back to Spartan discipline. I enjoy an emotionally balanced, rationally-thinking view of the abyss, TYVM.

i like to spice up my life every now and then with a good couple days of the ol' psychosis. really takes the existential ennui out of life, yknow?

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
My kid was complaining about some other kid calling him names, so I reminded him that in 100 years they would both be dead and none of that poo poo would matter, so maybe just punch the kid in his goddamn face or ignore him, whatever he prefers.

He didn't take it well, I don't know if he's ready for the realness.

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

kids don't usually do nihilism well unless they've been massively abused. you have to wait until they're old enough that all their dreams have been crushed by the reality of life before they can appreciate the philosophy

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

ElGroucho posted:

My kid was complaining about some other kid calling him names, so I reminded him that in 100 years they would both be dead and none of that poo poo would matter, so maybe just punch the kid in his goddamn face or ignore him, whatever he prefers.

This works for any argument.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Erostratus posted:

Next time someone dies next to a beeping freezer unplug it maybe? Oh mom's dying in the next room but these two slices of chocolate cake are irreplaceable.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
I'm looking for some good nihilist parenting books. I can't convince my kids that nothing matters and they spend all day caring about pokeymons and poo poo. :smith:

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

InterFaced posted:

I'm looking for some good nihilist parenting books. I can't convince my kids that nothing matters and they spend all day caring about pokeymons and poo poo. :smith:

Atlas shrugged contains everything your kid needs to usurp your throne

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

InterFaced posted:

just give up, your kid will get it eventually. or not, but who cares?

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
i wish the op would make like god,

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Ilustforponydeath posted:

Next time someone dies next to a beeping freezer unplug it maybe? Oh mom's dying in the next room but these two slices of chocolate cake are irreplaceable.

Why?

Erostratus
Jun 18, 2011

by R. Guyovich

Ilustforponydeath posted:

It was Georgia and they were hunters, nobody is worth that much meat sacrifice.

Who cares, she was crazy and death is a good thing for everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

A friend of mine died today. He was in the late stages of alcoholism and I had been his support up until a couple months ago when the strain started dragging me down with him. The silent black embrace of the grave is a comfort.

• Locked thread