Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
In the end it was the sitcoms that did it. The neverending syndicated tsunami of catchphrases, contrived situations, and wacky hijinks that gradually wore you down, allowing for a bitter disdain to blossom within you, directed at the people ("More like 'sheeple'", and then "Heh." you think to yourself) who surround you, and torment you, and gaze unthinkingly into the warm glow of the television, their braying laughter betraying their assumed superiority. Born to a world that has no appreciation for the things you find important; honour, duty, respect for your own burgeoning intellectualism; you have decided to exit it in a way that befits a man of your station.

Carrying your plan to fruition was hard. It is not often that you have time off from the part time job at K-Mart while your mother has a shift. (In order for her to keep an eye on you, no doubt, as revealed by her almost daily admonishments 'to not screw this up' and 'please Dwayne, I went out on a limb for you by recommending you to my boss'.) But the opportunity has presented itself, and like a cunning serpent you are swift to strike.

You are kneeling on the ground. Wallscrolls depicting a superior sort of art and culture have been pinned to the wall in front of you, framing the television. You reach into the folds of your Kimono (in reality your mother's dressing gown, the one with the duckies, however Bushido looks beyond mere petty trappings and straight to the intention of your garb), and draw the tantō that you bought at the local five-and-dime. Your second stands ready, holding aloft the genuine replica Katana that your life's savings have acquired.

"Winston-San, are you ready?"

"Hai."

A click of a controller, and the ancient VCR begins to play. Focussing on the television in front of you will steel your resolve, as image after image of inferior Western culture flashes before your eyes. This is what you are running to escape; a noble goal. The point of the tantō is at your belly, and you grimly push it home. Almost immediately a keening whine halts you in your tracks; it is escaping from your lips as your body betrays you. Half an inch deep the blade stops, as you gasp for air.

"W... Winston, maybe this isn't such a good..."

But you have chosen your second well. Sensing hesitation he brings the blade down. His first strike is not true; cutting your shoulders to the bone it causes you to slump forward, driving the polished Cutco tantō to the hilt. As the enormity of what is happening strikes him a torrent of vomit waterfalls down Winston-San's Naruto shirt; obscuring blood splatter and bolognaise stains alike. Then as your whine threatens to turn into a scream he strikes again. You slump to the side, unfeeling, as your spinal cord is severed; your eyes now locked to the TV screen.

Winston shuffles nervously. "He.. he said I could keep the Katana." He looks at your unmoving form and belches quietly before turning and departing. All that is left now is the flickering of the television.

At first this is a punishment. Paralysed, slowly bleeding out, you wither under the stern gaze of Niles, the butler. Newman's sneer seems to direct disdain at you, and six friends frolicking in a fountain or hanging out in a coffee shop seems to mock your life. Six friends; an unattainable goal. But then as your vision grows dimmer you begin to understand. They are not here to chastise or mock you, but to help you on your way. Nanny Fine tucks you in. A flamboyantly gay lawyer smiles down on you and teaches you the meaning of acceptance. And then as your eyes prepare to close for the last time a shock of messy hair slides into view through a suddenly opened door. He's showing you the way, you realise. He's here. For you. Take his hand and beautifully, silently, you will gently Kramer from this world and into the next.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
I got harakiri confused with harikrishna and was like yeah, their lives seem banal as hell.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Everything's reducible to chemicals. Makes u think

tazjin
Jul 24, 2015

Just because it's meaningless doesn't mean it's not fun

Dr. Dogballs Jr.
Jun 9, 2014

the angriest sex machine
cool!!! :suicide:

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
Idiot word salad instead of a dignified death poem.

Like fart did I come
In springtime did I belch forth
Come fall to vanish

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Nathilus posted:

Like fart did I come
Come fall to vanish

My blade enters flesh;
According to keikaku.
Trousers fill with shame.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
Harakiri was a really good movie.

DemonToadGoat
Jan 12, 2015

dude dont read my diary

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

Is that you, Gina?

aioli is just mayo
Aug 14, 2003

He has only forbidden to you dead animals, blood, the flesh of swine, and that which has been dedicated to other than Allah . But whoever is forced by necessity, neither desiring it nor transgressing its limit, there is no sin upon him. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful

Nathilus posted:

Like fart did I come
Come fall to vanish

All proper haikus reference the seasons a+

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Gamer With Dignity
May 15, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

My friends call me whiskers.

Kitsunegari
Aug 5, 2013