Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Freestyle
Sep 2, 2014

by R. Guyovich

Greatest Living Man posted:

you can tell it's important research because it's in an open access journal published by the japanese society of anti-aging medicine
this but unironically

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freestyle
Sep 2, 2014

by R. Guyovich

City of Tampa posted:

it should be illegal not to smoke weed
this but unirocally

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Of course it does.

Legalize it.

Freestyle
Sep 2, 2014

by R. Guyovich

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Especially meth. They should just give 20 mg daily to everyone over the age of 14 and watch us become #1 in education for every subject. Except art class, the children should be given psychedelics for art class.
this but unirocically

Gamer With Dignity
May 15, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

VendaGoat posted:

Of course it does.

Legalize it.

Legalize what?

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

Post this in TCC and blow their tiny minds

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

It

Gamer With Dignity
May 15, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Huh? It what?

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

Greatest Living Man posted:

you can tell it's important research because it's in an open access journal published by the japanese society of anti-aging medicine

Even if it's open access, it's still a peer-reviewed Nature-affiliated journal, and it's research done by the Salk Institute and UC San Diego in California. Not some crappy third world university. Seems pretty legit:

http://www.nature.com/articles/npjamd201612

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Didn't we have a thread about this a couple days ago?

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I don't understand why people need to use alcohol and do drugs to have fun.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Instead of losing your long term memory, smoke weed and lose short term memory instead. Walla!

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
shut up and empty quote this:

City of Tampa posted:

it should be illegal not to smoke weed

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Weed is the most bullshit drug ever. I'm glad it's illegal and I will vote no every single time some bullshit legalization effort is on the ballot. I also vote for judges who punish potheads harshly.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Finally, some sleep!

ZZZzzzz

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

sincx posted:

Even if it's open access, it's still a peer-reviewed Nature-affiliated journal, and it's research done by the Salk Institute and UC San Diego in California. Not some crappy third world university. Seems pretty legit:

http://www.nature.com/articles/npjamd201612

Here is the 2006 paper from Scripps detailing inhibition of amyloid plaque formation by THC

Full paper:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2562334/#__ffn_sectitle

http://www.scripps.edu/news/press/2006/080906.html

quote:

LA JOLLA, CA, August 9, 2006 - Scientists at The Scripps Research Institute have found that the active ingredient in marijuana, tetrahydrocannabinol or THC, inhibits the formation of amyloid plaque, the primary pathological marker for Alzheimer's disease. In fact, the study said, THC is "a considerably superior inhibitor of [amyloid plaque] aggregation" to several currently approved drugs for treating the disease.

The study was published online August 9 in the journal Molecular Pharmaceutics, a publication of the American Chemical Society.

According to the new Scripps Research study, which used both computer modeling and biochemical assays, THC inhibits the enzyme acetylcholinesterase (AChE), which acts as a "molecular chaperone" to accelerate the formation of amyloid plaque in the brains of Alzheimer victims. Although experts disagree on whether the presence of beta-amyloid plaques in those areas critical to memory and cognition is a symptom or cause, it remains a significant hallmark of the disease. With its strong inhibitory abilities, the study said, THC "may provide an improved therapeutic for Alzheimer's disease" that would treat "both the symptoms and progression" of the disease.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

I feel g-d when I poop, op

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

I don't trust it. How can you do RESEARCH with weed when weed isn't even a RESEARCH chemical.

I only trust studies with new and novel drugs like 3-methyl-triplopthigaze-diethyl-beta-punesclazam.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Hector Beerlioz posted:

because it's fun

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Hector Beerlioz posted:

i don't need to but the drugs feel good and enhance the fun hth

use responsibly

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
because of COURSE it loving does, captain obvious.

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

Robot Pride posted:

So, I don't smoke the drug and I forget where my keys are or I can smoke the drug and forget where my keys are?

put your keys in the same spot every time

then they never get lost if you do it like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

polysynth
Dec 12, 2006

rock out
yo imagine being blazed at the salk institute place is trippy af

• Locked thread