Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2016/07/01/drunk-driving-case-tossed-after-peel-cops-retain-accuseds-turban.html

quote:

“Based on the evidence before the court, I find that the officers involved in Mr. Singh’s arrest and detention acted in a careless manner in relation to Mr. Singh’s right to freedom of religion in relation to the turban . . .I find Mr. Singh not guilty. The charge is dismissed.”

quote:

While Singh never inquired about his turban while detained, Copeland said he should never have been put in the position of having to ask in the first place.

open season on drunk driving if you complain about your cool hat to a lawyer after the fact

gbs loves sikhs and drunk driving but also seeing minorities face harsh justice so where do you all stand on this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i'm a bear and i've come to eat the delicious honey inside this thread but unfortunately there is none.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
if the hat I got out of a 24 fell off my head in this case it would get me off the hook right

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

man I like that hat

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

anyways this is nothing but a ballin' rear end lawyer getting their client off the hook, if you're ever accused of drunk driving call David Locke

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I like when drunk drivers get off so I'm happy.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

Nigmaetcetera posted:

blow me (after I chug a mickey and get behind the wheel of my escalade)

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Nigmaetcetera posted:

same.

.08 is not impaired and is certainly no reason to ruin someone's life. Maybe we should base our laws on reality and not the wealth and lobbying capability of modern-day alcohol prohibitionists (aka MADD)

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

ArtIsResistance posted:

blow me (after I chug a mickey and get behind the wheel of my escalade)

I've never blown anybody, I don't think I could get you off

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
i want a funny hat

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
lol what if a bear was a sikh and the cops took away his turban and found a honeypot in it

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
Time to start wearing a Turban and hiding stuff in it. Im gonna get some sweet garlic roast beef from the deli later and hide it in my hat so the fuckin pigs cant get it.

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I'm going to keep my bottle of Whisky in my turban.

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
I thought gbs loves Sikhs though

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i have personally known a grand total of one sikh in my life, and from that experience i am prejudiced to believe that they are all a bunch of intelligent, respectable, good-natured people who are good at Excel

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

this is a pretty loving ludicrous decision

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

John Denver Hoxha posted:

I thought gbs loves Sikhs though

in general they are pretty rad, yeah. but no one likes drunk drivers.

• Locked thread