Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
watho

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

it's 5:20 am, i am laying on my friend's couch because i don't currently have a place of my own and i can't sleep. how do you deal with not sleeping? share trips and ticks here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uxzuigal

Chill Berserker Dude
Outside sleeping when you are dead... Skip any celluar devices or screens, led lights... it's got blue light that makes you awake. iPhones got a nightmode thing now that helps abit.

If you cannot fall asleep after 15-20min, get up, walk around and try to go back to sleep after 10min or so. Works quite well for me.

<3 <3 Vanisher

HighwireAct

Pozzo's Hat
Try mindfulness meditation too; it's really worked wonders for me

GoodbyeTurtles

:suezo:

I slept 4 whole unbroken hours yesterday who wants some this magic

Tebulot

im hip now bois

every now and again a night rolls around where I also lie there just kinda getting excited for when I do fall asleep, and then it's daytime so I just make a mental note to hope that doesn't happen too many times in a row

did that help

alnilam

Get your feet wet and cold and then get them warm and then go to bed

or if it's very hot just do the cold part

alnilam

alnilam posted:

Get your feet wet and cold and then get them warm and then go to bed

or if it's very hot just do the cold part

Combine this with the short walk idea: walk around outside in bare feet in the dew, if applicable

GoodbyeTurtles

:suezo:

Embrace the darkness,

watho

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

i no longer have any sense of time, everything is just a blur

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BigClutteredJoey-mobile.mp4
thank u vanisher for the sig
and thank u nesamdoom for the good loops

Piso Mojado

think of all the things you need to do tomorrow, all the little stresses and people you need to interact with. think about how if you don't fall asleep soon then you're going to feel like crap tomorrow. think about this, and you'll fall asleep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piso Mojado

one thing I like to do to help me sleep is to stare deeply into my max brightness phone screen for 30-45 min before I hit the hay. really does wonders.

• Locked thread