Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Alan Smithee posted:

America has surpassed England in greatness

hail jesus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

my neighbor is shooting some kind of flintlock musket which kinda owns but i think him and his buddies are about 12 beers in apiece so I'm pretty sure someone is gonna lose a limb.

currently watching them with binoculars

yeah they're handling gunpowder around a bonfire this is what the 4th of July is all about folks

Mr. Meagles fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Jul 5, 2016

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Alan Smithee posted:

America has surpassed England in greatness

hail jesus

That happened a couple hundred years ago. :911:

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

I'm glad you're living in a house these days, your old stories about the library depressed the poo poo out of me.

Thank you. I am, in fact, living in a house, for now. Let's see how the recent changes at my new job shake out before I get too excited. It's an old house, but at least it has a roof.

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Just got back from the lake. Drank a couple cases of bud light, had some burgs and dogs, floated on the noodles for hours, and blew up some stuff. I'm full of America

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Centripetal Horse posted:

My neighborhood is popping the gently caress off. I live in an older neighborhood with tons of houses close together, and there have been fireworks going off for days. Tonight has just been non-stop. I mean, it started getting heavy like three hours ago, and has been rocking ever since. People are firing rockets and cannons from back yards all around me. I am in bed, and I am getting a complete show over the roof of the house next door. These aren't just whistlers, either. Some of these people are sending up poo poo that's about 1/2 step down from a real show. It pretty much rules.

I have a ton of fireworks, but no one to light them with. They're not much fun alone, and I don't know any of the neighbors. It's kind of sad, but the fireworks going off all around me are cool.

Um, take your fireworks over to someone's house and say, "Hi, I'm new to the neighborhood. Can I blow off my hands with you guys?"

There you go, friends.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona

Nooner posted:

Here is me shooting a .308 this morning

You pull the trigger and it goes BOOM and then the orange shotgun clay waaaay over on the other side of the big field explodes and it is cool

nooner for real bro i have the exact same pair of topsiders in the same color

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

the great deceiver posted:

nooner for real bro i have the exact same pair of topsiders in the same color

loving legit, quality shoes for discerning gentlemen.

Also I drove past you at some point last Friday, I'm up in Redding right now!

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Jastiger posted:

We're the same you and I. You have adopted poo poo posting as a tool. I was born into it.

Please. I embrace you underestimating me. I wallow in your abhor.

Iowa is a oval office state. Des moines is a city of vapid and trite delights. I ingest your abhorrence with delight.

Go gently caress yourself, upon the top of a pizza with crab rangoons.

I delight in your secular nature, I wallow in your loathsome recompense.

Go
gently caress
Yourself

There is "nothing you need concern yourself with" here. :devil:

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

Nooner posted:

loving legit, quality shoes for discerning gentlemen.

Also I drove past you at some point last Friday, I'm up in Redding right now!

if you took I-5 N you literally were like less than a quarter mile away from me last friday lol, i work directly off the first exit into sac

looks like some good redding type activities

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Um, take your fireworks over to someone's house and say, "Hi, I'm new to the neighborhood. Can I blow off my hands with you guys?"

There you go, friends.

The guy across the street is a cranky old rear end in a top hat who puts out three garbage cans to save two parking spots on a public street for fourteen hours each day, and came out onto his porch to passive-aggressively berate me when I parked there not knowing they were "his" spots.

The people to one side of me have such thick Polish accents and limited English that communication is nearly impossible.

The guy on the other side and his wife/girlfriend/whatever spend a lot of time arguing on the porch. He always bros up and puffs out his chest when I walk by.

I might still try, out of boredom and loneliness, but no one within immediate sight of me is actually lighting anything. It's coming from all around me, but not my direct neighbors. I can't see where the good stuff is being launched from. It's also approaching 1:00am, and I am supposed to be up for work at 8:00am. Come to think of it, how are so many people still firing off rockets at this time? Do they get the 5th of July off of work, or something?

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

the great deceiver posted:

if you took I-5 N you literally were like less than a quarter mile away from me last friday lol, i work directly off the first exit into sac

looks like some good redding type activities

Yeah took the 5 all the way. Other Redding activities including kayaking and going through Lassen, there was still a ton of snow up at the top of the park it was :waycool:

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Nooner posted:

You pull the trigger and it goes BOOM and then the orange shotgun clay waaaay over on the other side of the big field explodes and it is cool

Good thing cause you aint got a chance in any hand to hand situation.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
almost everyone in my sleepy beach neighborhood is lighting off illegal mortars and its great. California fireworks laws can suckle opon mine balls.

i also grilled almost 60 burgers for a party, went to the gym, and surfed and drank beer (illegally) on the beach.

:feelsgood:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Chinatown posted:

almost everyone in my sleepy beach neighborhood is lighting off illegal mortars and its great. California fireworks laws can suckle opon mine balls.

i also grilled almost 60 burgers for a party, went to the gym, and surfed and drank beer (illegally) on the beach.

:feelsgood:

I love you.
May all your dreams come true.
:love:

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Centripetal Horse posted:

The guy across the street is a cranky old rear end in a top hat who puts out three garbage cans to save two parking spots on a public street for fourteen hours each day, and came out onto his porch to passive-aggressively berate me when I parked there not knowing they were "his" spots.

gently caress old fucks that do that. You park in that space tomorrow, because that's what AMERICA is all about.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

VendaGoat posted:

I love you.
May all your dreams come true.
:love:

i drink till i cant dream

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Chinatown posted:

I can sympathize.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 50 minutes!
Gravy Boat 2k
in honor of JUly 5th I am going to go take a poo poo

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Chinatown posted:

Sometimes when I only drink a little, my dreams become super vivid and scary. I don't like it.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Nooner posted:

You really need to do some squats, your quads are stick-thin

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Neighbor just exploded a firework and my walls shook. Fuuuck

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Sometimes when I only drink a little, my dreams become super vivid and scary. I don't like it.

Yo that's called real life

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

my buddy that is a vet told me that all the commotion and noise from heavy fireworks going off is basically what it's like in a warzone, except shorter in a warzone and that yes, he still was on edge all that time. Then he lit some illegal fireworks off while we all sipped our beers.
:911:

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

Nooner posted:

Yeah took the 5 all the way. Other Redding activities including kayaking and going through Lassen, there was still a ton of snow up at the top of the park it was :waycool:

hell fuckin yeah dude the mountains still having snow fuckin 4th of july in california motherfuckers wooooo

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

I got a free pummeling by hospital staff plus room and board for three full days, all on the government's dime. Even and made it out in time to celebrate our Independence Day! :patriot: Thanks Obama!

Was that you? Were you the asshat going on about how we couldn't keep you against your will because that's a communist thing to do, and "this is 'Murica," trying to start fights 15 with hospital staff minutes before your discharge?

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

HeldenSterbenNicht posted:

Was that you? Were you the asshat going on about how we couldn't keep you against your will because that's a communist thing to do, and "this is 'Murica," trying to start fights 15 with hospital staff minutes before your discharge?

No I was the one in the Mr. Funny shirt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
I blew up a small very derelict house in my woods today because yesterday's weather sucked

• Locked thread