Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
Every so often a movie comes along that redefines a genre, inspires hope, and has aids

MANBORG is such a film. made for less money than you idiots gave some racist hick to sell hotdogs, MANBORG is quintessential sci fi

vampire nazis - check

cool tunes - check

sexy stuff - check

but dont take my word for it:

some dumb bitch posted:

Having sat the husband down for the night and promising him a good time, via Manborg, I found myself apologising after 20 minutes and turning the film off after struggling through another 15.

Roger Ebert posted:

Imagine an awe-inspiring vision of an inferno descending onto Earth, with machines and demons decimating the last vestiges of mankind. Such an apocalypse brought to life on the big screen could be something brooding and chilling. It could be epic.

This is not that movie.

JJ Abrams posted:

I see why there are shootings in movie theaters with movies like this! Was their budget around $500.00 (including the cost for a pizza lunch)???

Siskel's Ghost posted:

This should never have been released. The human race is poorer for it's existence.

my gay son posted:

I would just recommend waiting for someone to make a compilation of the best scenes and watch it online. There is no point in watching the whole thing, it becomes tiresome very quick.

vice preisdent joe biden posted:

It was a train wreck of poorly done green screens, childish dialog, poor audio and fake monster masks. I wouldn't have been impressed if middle school children had come up with this mess. Please do not subject your brain to this unnatural punishment.

the hero we deserve

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBHau4HeTZY

wiki posted:

Count Draculon (Adam Brooks) and his Nazi vampire forces seek to take over Earth during the Hell Wars. A soldier (Matthew Kennedy) is killed attempting to fight the Count, then transformed into Manborg after his body is fitted with robotics.[2] After Manborg becomes active in Mega-Death City, he meets with resistance fighters against Count Draculon. Justice (Conor Sweeney) is a gunfighter who resembles Billy Idol with an "Australian" accent who is joined by his sister Mina (Meredith Sweeney) and martial arts expert #1 Man

#1 man

wiki posted:

Production began in 2009, with approximately one year of filming followed by two years of post-production. Chroma key backdrops were used for most filmed scenes.[4] Production costs were approximately $1,000 (CAD) (not including pizza costs)

PS the big reveal at the end is there's no heaven :smith:

now go watch it, thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
This looks amazingly bad. I must see it.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

DOMDOM posted:

Every so often a movie comes along that redefines a genre, inspires hope, and has aids

MANBORG is such a film. made for less money than you idiots gave some racist hick to sell hotdogs, MANBORG is quintessential sci fi

vampire nazis - check

cool tunes - check

sexy stuff - check

but dont take my word for it:

the hero we deserve

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBHau4HeTZY

#1 man

PS the big reveal at the end is there's no heaven :smith:

now go watch it, thanks

is this one of those movies like sharknado thats bad to be bad

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Looks like a pretty good movie.

*slowly takes sip of coffee*

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

Robo Reagan posted:

ding ding ding

gently caress this poo poo

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'm not gonna watch this movie, but this thread is still better than w98's exhaustive studies of old lovely movies no one cares about

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe

Robo Reagan posted:

yes

but actually, it's good

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
ok it's not good

it's fun tho

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

aha wow can't believe joe bidden said that!

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
love me

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
ankle biters really destroyed my belief that i could enjoy any really terrible movie because once they get to be a certain amount of bad they become good again. i couldnt even finish it and it had MIDGET VAMPIRES RIDING ON A MOTOR TRIKE for chrissakes

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
pressing all the keys on the piano at once makes a good and enjoyable sound i would listen to hours of it

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
the last truly good goodbad movie was army of darkness and nothing will ever tickle the cockles of my heart like it ever again

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
im sorry OP but i cant bring myself to watch your movie. blame anklebiters

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
I haven't been able to watch a full movie in one sitting since I was 18 due to attention issues so gently caress you op for bringing up my disabilities.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Manborg is actually really great and the reveal from the op is hilarious in context.

If you get the DVD it also includes the trailer for BIO COP which is also super good.

The making of Manborg is really impressive. They got a ton done on a budget so small it could be a rounding error.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
whoa this is like a windows 98 thread but good??

did i step through some alternate dimension portal?

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
Thanks OP. Gonna check this out.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
looks like the kind of movie i'd have got my parents to rent for me as a kid. I remember some movie called Robot Ninja, poo poo looked badass on the VHS box, once I finally got them to rent it, it was definitely NOT badass.

Sharkwizard
Jun 26, 2015
my favorite part of manborg wasn't even the movie itself just a trailer at the end
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVKO3lHlvOs

this territory belongs to the burly bros smokehead

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Serious Frolicking posted:

i'm not gonna watch this movie, but this thread is still better than w98's exhaustive studies of old lovely movies no one cares about

anything's better than your endless complaining

a real slam dunk
Jun 30, 2015

Manborg trailer has serious Rob Schrab vibes. The effects remind me of Robot Bastard or Twigger's Holiday. As far as cheap as gently caress effects go, that's a good thing.

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe

Fumaofthelake posted:

Manborg is actually really great and the reveal from the op is hilarious in context.
Yah this alone makes it worth watching

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

client
Aug 19, 2010

manborg is actually a cool movie that is way better than it has any right to be. the same guys also made father's day and the editor which both own too

• Locked thread