Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheGreySpectre
Sep 18, 2012

You let the wolves in. Why would you do that?
The mountains of colorado seem to be littered with mines absolutely everywhere. I am personally not a fan of drinking heavy metals, and my google fu seems to be a little weak. Is there a good resource for which streams and lakes should be avoided for drinking due to water quality issues stemming from all the mines?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Chemical and physical water filtration methods

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
I was going to recommend one of those life straws but their page says it filters four trillion kinds of bacteria and no kinds of heavy metals. If you can't find one, I imagine your best bet would be to pack as much water as you can and when you need to supplement that with another source, find the highest/most elevated stream not below or level with a massive industrial mine. I'm not familiar with the region so this lovely advice is my greatest gift I can offer, enjoy!

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib

extra stout posted:

I was going to recommend one of those life straws but their page says it filters four trillion kinds of bacteria and no kinds of heavy metals. If you can't find one, I imagine your best bet would be to pack as much water as you can and when you need to supplement that with another source, find the highest/most elevated stream not below or level with a massive industrial mine. I'm not familiar with the region so this lovely advice is my greatest gift I can offer, enjoy!

The lifestraw is irritating at best, something like the Sawyer mini would be much better suited to backpacking and getting it from a source that doesn't have a bunch of heavy metals.

• Locked thread