misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit
Yo what up,

How's it going Madame Secretary, hope everything is good in Infidel Land. Lol j/p you know me, I kid because I love. Who was it that said that? In my head, I'm hearing it in a Mel Brooks voice, may the Devil take him!

The reason I'm writing is, I hear the McRib is back. Things are wonderful ♫♫ under the sea ♫♫ (lol that people still believe that) but if you wouldn't mind sending a couple of Seals in a low-flying helicopter to set me up with a couple of those bad boys, I promise I've got some real good ideas for getting this ISIS poo poo under control. Trust me, I'm Hannibal Lectering the hell out of this ISIS sitch. You're gonna drone Sheik Buffalo al-Bill or whatever his name is as soon as I get through dropping some mad science on your frosty dome.

Congratulations on being a meme now. NBD to me, of course, since I've been a meme for years but still, you look like a badass in the picture.

Say hi to Bill and Chels for me.
- Osama

Uxzuigal

Chill Berserker Dude
Thanks for a great time last night!
- Monica Lewinsky

<3 <3 Vanisher

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit
Hello Hillary R. Clinton,

Thank you for shopping with us. You ordered "Depend FIT-FLEX Incontinence Underwear for Women, " and 1 other item. We’ll send a confirmation when your items ship.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

the unabonger
a series of unopen emails that contain nothing but weed memes from an email address titled: biden420@yahoo.com

Slugnoid

her email address was hrod17@clintonemail.com. I bet bill calls her hotrod in the bedroom

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit

Slugnoid posted:

her email address was hrod17@clintonemail.com. I bet bill calls her hotrod in the bedroom

If he calls her in the bedroom, it's probably from a love motel.

super mario batali

Dice-a the Mushroom
Hotrod,

Vilerat has been taken care of.

[redacted]

FluffieDuckie

misty mountaintop posted:

If he calls her in the bedroom, it's probably from a love motel.

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

City of Glompton

i flunked out posted:

a series of unopen emails that contain nothing but weed memes from an email address titled: biden420@yahoo.com

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit
It's not his fault the other 419 Bidens were taken.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

treasure bear

really damning one here

quote:

From: hclinton47@yahoo.com
To: <James Steinberg> james.steinberg@statedept.gov
CC: <Bill Burns> bill.burns@statedept.gov
Time: 2015-05-22 3:18PM
Subject: you seen this? check it out lolz :)))))
Body:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0

Sent from my iPhone

2015, jesus christ

joke_explainer

To: hdr22@clintonemail.com
Subject: SA Forums - Password Reset Confirmation
From: "The Something Awful Forums Mailer" <no-reply@somethingawful.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2012 17:06:35 -0500 (CDT)

Hello,

As you requested, your password has now been reset. Your new details are as follows:

Username: FluffieDuckie
Password: d1b4e06b68aef846acaa76065751Cca9

*** FIREFOX USERS - READ THIS OR DIE ***
If you are using Firefox 3, please note that copy & pasting this password WILL
NOT WORK. Firefox 3 has a bug that prevents copy & pasted passwords from
working correctly. To get the password reset to work, you will need to key it
in manually.

To change your password, please visit this page:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/account.php?action=editpassword

Regards,
The Something Awful Forums Team

Uxzuigal

Chill Berserker Dude

joke_explainer posted:

To: hdr22@clintonemail.com
From: "The Something Awful Forums Mailer" <no-reply@somethingawful.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2012 17:06:35 -0500 (CDT)

Hello,

As you requested, your password has now been reset. Your new details are as follows:

Username: FluffieDuckie
Password: d1b4e06b68aef846acaa76065751Cca9

*** FIREFOX USERS - READ THIS OR DIE ***
If you are using Firefox 3, please note that copy & pasting this password WILL
NOT WORK. Firefox 3 has a bug that prevents copy & pasted passwords from
working correctly. To get the password reset to work, you will need to key it
in manually.

To change your password, please visit this page:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/account.php?action=editpassword

Regards,
The Something Awful Forums Team

I knew it!

<3 <3 Vanisher

treasure bear

joke_explainer posted:

To: hdr22@clintonemail.com
From: "The Something Awful Forums Mailer" <no-reply@somethingawful.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2012 17:06:35 -0500 (CDT)

Hello,

As you requested, your password has now been reset. Your new details are as follows:

Username: FluffieDuckie
Password: d1b4e06b68aef846acaa76065751Cca9

*** FIREFOX USERS - READ THIS OR DIE ***
If you are using Firefox 3, please note that copy & pasting this password WILL
NOT WORK. Firefox 3 has a bug that prevents copy & pasted passwords from
working correctly. To get the password reset to work, you will need to key it
in manually.

To change your password, please visit this page:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/account.php?action=editpassword

Regards,
The Something Awful Forums Team

Macnult

joke_explainer posted:

To: hdr22@clintonemail.com

From: "The Something Awful Forums Mailer" <no-reply@somethingawful.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2012 17:06:35 -0500 (CDT)

Hello,

As you requested, your password has now been reset. Your new details are as follows:

Username: FluffieDuckie
Password: d1b4e06b68aef846acaa76065751Cca9

*** FIREFOX USERS - READ THIS OR DIE ***
If you are using Firefox 3, please note that copy & pasting this password WILL
NOT WORK. Firefox 3 has a bug that prevents copy & pasted passwords from
working correctly. To get the password reset to work, you will need to key it
in manually.

To change your password, please visit this page:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/account.php?action=editpassword

Regards,
The Something Awful Forums Team

Piso Mojado

joke_explainer posted:

To: hdr22@clintonemail.com
From: "The Something Awful Forums Mailer" <no-reply@somethingawful.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2012 17:06:35 -0500 (CDT)

Hello,

As you requested, your password has now been reset. Your new details are as follows:

Username: FluffieDuckie
Password: d1b4e06b68aef846acaa76065751Cca9

*** FIREFOX USERS - READ THIS OR DIE ***
If you are using Firefox 3, please note that copy & pasting this password WILL
NOT WORK. Firefox 3 has a bug that prevents copy & pasted passwords from
working correctly. To get the password reset to work, you will need to key it
in manually.

To change your password, please visit this page:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/account.php?action=editpassword

Regards,
The Something Awful Forums Team

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Yobgoblin

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The emails are ((small)) compared to the Clinton Foundation.

joke_explainer

Yobgoblin posted:

The emails are ((small)) compared to the Clinton Foundation.

I guess you want a serious discussion on this issue instead of jokes, so...

I honestly doubt it. I read online that there was a massive pile of damning evidence in the emails and there was literally no chance she would not be indicted for it, and all these JPEGs were posted as proof her willful mishandling of data. I said, "There is actually nothing here that proves intention, so it's pretty unlikely she would be charged by the Espionage Act with 18 U.S.C. § 793 or 18 U.S.C. § 798, both of which require the party to willfully mishandle data. (Aside: Gross negligence requires intent, it's literally defined as 'conscious and voluntary disregard', which the FBI director clearly stated there was no evidence of. Amusingly, the wikipedia page for 'gross negligence' keeps being edited.:

There's more than just these two, but they keep editing the page of gross negligence to make it fit more in line with what they wish was prosecutable as gross negligence. Something strikes me as intensely hilarious about some guy thinking he might be able to trick lawmakers into prosecuting people by editing the wikipedia page on the law like the FBI would be like 'huh, wait, what is gross negligence, let me look it up on wikipedia... Oh! poo poo! Jimmy it says her she definitely did that!!!)

Everything else about the Clinton Foundation has an enormous problem of cum hoc ergo propter hoc, in that literally everything about them is argued, "This person/country had this happen? And they gave to the Clinton Foundation? MUST BE RELATED." But as far as I can tell there is no actual evidence of anything the Internet is claiming. And if the FBI had found any combing through thousands of deleted mails they recovered from server slack space and recipient trains, they certainly wouldn't have closed their investigation.

It's possible the Clinton Foundation is corrupt though, but if so I imagine it's one or more of the people that run it, probably not the person whose name is on it. As of today it's still rated an [A-ranked charity](https://www.charitywatch.org/ratings-and-metrics/bill-hillary-chelsea-clinton-foundation/478) that spends 88% of its money on its programs. Hillary Clinton's overarching goal that drives her is becoming President. There is no way she'd sanction anything that might threaten that. Which to me was the biggest reason why it was pretty obvious her email problem was carelessness, if she had the slightest hint of it she'd never take such a stupid risk.

If I had to guess how such a thing happened, I'd say the most important paragraph is in the press release from the FBI.

FBI Director James B. Comey posted:

While not the focus of our investigation, we also developed evidence that the security culture of the State Department in general, and with respect to use of unclassified e-mail systems in particular, was generally lacking in the kind of care for classified information found elsewhere in the government.

That meshes with my own experience with cultures of intelligent people who don't go out of their way to enforce security policies. Insanely bad practices end up happening just because nobody wants to rock the boat. Of course I'm not saying it's great: Clinton honestly could have made this whole thing a huge victory by whipping the State department into shape and strictly enforcing security guidelines, instead she just accepted the status quo and made it worse by her own drive for privacy for her personal correspondence and lack of patience for technology getting in the way of her work, all combined with the carelessness of State IT in allowing such a connection to happen.

But if they combed through all her emails and interviewed everyone involved and did not find a single scrap of evidence to support Clinton intended to receive or share classified information, she cannot possibly be prosecuted for it, it would be unprecedented.

FBI Director James B. Comey posted:

In looking back at our investigations into mishandling or removal of classified information, we cannot find a case that would support bringing criminal charges on these facts. All the cases prosecuted involved some combination of: clearly intentional and willful mishandling of classified information; or vast quantities of materials exposed in such a way as to support an inference of intentional misconduct; or indications of disloyalty to the United States; or efforts to obstruct justice. We do not see those things here.

So they found no evidence of any obstruction, no evidence of any disloyalty to the US, and no evidence of any willful intent. No laws are broken, and Comey said as much yesterday. Love or hate Hillary Clinton, there's no reason to believe something without evidence. And the idea that the FBI is sitting on more damning evidence from the investigation into the Clinton Foundation seems silly, anything they discovered that revealed criminal activity would have extended and expanded the entire investigation, and under no circumstance would they have bothered to issue a press release exonerating Clinton when they were about to issue another that indicted her, it would just be a circus.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

joke_explainer posted:

[...]

Thank you, I sincerely read all of it and appreciate the time you took to write it up.

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Ace of Baes
Clinton wasnt careless, she was actively avoiding FOIA requests, she also lied a bunch to congress/the american people, whether or not that can be proven in a court of law is for people who spent years in law school to decide.

Ace of Baes
Id place money on her skating and winning the election unless something crazy happens just because her opponent is Donald Trump, but the fact that she repeatedly straight up lied to the public combined with her already high unfavorables means theres probably a non tiny chance that our next president will be a facist. Her poll numbers are high compared to trump but when the debates roll around I think its going to get uncomfortably close, Trump has said a bunch of poo poo that makes for really bad soundbites, but the big difference between him and clinton is that his had soundbites usually have no effect or a net positive on his poll numbers.

joke_explainer

Whether you think she did intend to mishandle data or not, the people thinking the FBI was either part of a big conspiracy (there are too many good men and women at the FBI for them to do get away with that, it's just ridiculous, they have no motive to support criminal behavior at that level) or that they just don't understand how the laws they are tasked with enforcing work like your average internet layman does are the most baffling to me.

joke_explainer

It's said repeatedly she lied, but if you actually look at the her statement (which was not under oath, anyway, but regardless it doesn't appear to be a lie),

Hillary Clinton posted:

I opted for convenience to use my personal email account, which was allowed by the State Department, because I thought it would be easier to carry just one device for my work and for my personal emails instead of two,

The internet keeps saying this is a lie as Comey says more than one device was used. But where is the lie?

Her claim is that she thought it would be easier to carry just one device for her work and another for personal emails instead of two.

She may very well have thought that and ended up using more devices. This statement is not "I definitely only ever used one device while I was in office." She is detailing her thoughts, and I don't think it is possible you can prove that she did not think that.

In the other statements, she prefaces them with "To the best of my knowledge,". To the best of her knowledge, she did not transfer classified data. To the best of her knowledge, there were no classified data in her account.

The act of lying requires a guilty mind. A lie is a statement that the stating party believes to be false and that is made with the intention to deceive. According to FBI Director James B. Comey, there is no evidence Hillary Clinton every willfully, intentionally mishandled data: The only way that is true is if she never knew about it, as knowing about it and continuing to do it would be intentional mishandling.

You can't lie about something you don't know is true. And to extent of anything we can prove, there is no evidence she was aware.

You might view those statements are carefully crafted to avoid any criminal penalty. Or maybe she really was just being honest. Either way, the FBI backs them up: They do not believe Hillary was ever intentionally mishandling data, so they do not believe she was aware of it which would necessarily preclude intentional mishandling.

joke_explainer

Basically to prove she lied they have to prove the intent to deceive. Since they cannot prove she even had intent to mishandle, they can't prove that either.

Piso Mojado

haha. lolling at this funny thread

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Piso Mojado posted:

haha. lolling at this funny thread

Ace of Baes

joke_explainer posted:

Basically to prove she lied they have to prove the intent to deceive. Since they cannot prove she even had intent to mishandle, they can't prove that either.

Yeah perjury is knowingly lying which is hard to prove, but its kind of obvious that with saying she turned over all her work emails, saying she didnt send classified information, saying that she got approval/it was accepted in the state dept. etc.

I don't think shell get charged, but I think this is going to end up hurting her already poor favorability.

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit
I think it would be funny if Hillary Clinton received an email from Steam that one of the games on her wish list was on sale (Papers, Please).

joke_explainer

misty mountaintop posted:

I think it would be funny if Hillary Clinton received an email from Steam that one of the games on her wish list was on sale (Papers, Please).

Good idea. Funnier than just a strategy game like Civilization because of the totalitarian overtones.

Maybe we can still salvage this train wreck.

Slugnoid

take me to your president clin-ton

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
I'm just really let down that her plan to send funds to that prince in nigeria haven't panned out yet but i'm confident if we send more money we may just be able to finally get that sweet reward

  • Locked thread