Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

This probably deserves its own thread:

Messi has been sentenced to 21 months in prison though being rich i doubt he'll actually get jailed

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36721892

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
He won't as it says in the article

"Under the Spanish system, prison terms under two years can be served under probation"

So he'll be able to keep counting jellybeans in jars in an instant at the luxury of home

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

It's a suspended sentence, no jail time for the autist so it's not really big news

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Do the Spanish courts operate as retardedly as the Italian ones where he'll get 2000 appeals? I mean this whole thing really is meaningless anyway, I imagine the state is only pushing it because they've gone this far already.

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham
close thread ban op

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Gigi Galli posted:

Do the Spanish courts operate as retardedly as the Italian ones where he'll get 2000 appeals? I mean this whole thing really is meaningless anyway, I imagine the state is only pushing it because they've gone this far already.

I'm not sure of anything now we're not in Europe but yeah sounds meaningless to me

Also

fat greasy puto posted:

close thread ban op

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

fat greasy puto posted:

close thread ban op

i posted it as the news was breaking!

I love cats
Feb 8, 2012
Rich people do not go to prison for evading tax or committing fraud, anymore. Look at the Wall Street.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
In Spain a sentence of less than two years for a first-time offender is suspended

I wonder how they decided on 21 months...

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
So this makes Messi officially as bad a dude as Al Capone, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I love cats
Feb 8, 2012

vyelkin posted:

So this makes Messi officially as bad a dude as Al Capone, right?

Worse, actually. But he's also an 'athlete' so he can get away with it.

• Locked thread