Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
Neme Stardancer
R/A +/- 0 | Blue +1 | Red -1 | Grey -1
Injury 0/4 | Parts 0 | Conditions: Angry

"Wait...huh?!" Neme stares in disbelief as the Imperial shuttle flies away. "The Empire doesn't like aliens...why?!" He turns to Calum heading out to watch the takeoff. "Hey, we should regroup with Pops and the rest. If the Empire's trying to muscle out the locals, that can't be good."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Rusty
White -1 | Blue -1 | Red +1 | Grey +1
Injury 0/4 | Parts 0 | Conditions:

Rusty tried to analyze the situation. As an HK assassin droid, its original programming was to play the part of a protocol droid while analyzing the most effective time and place to strike; sociopolitical analysis was part of that suite. Unfortunately, much of Rusty's original programming was overwritten by a careless meatbag. Still, it did its best.

Pacifism is inherently irrational, especially for a meatbag. Abandoning that philosophy shows an increase in rationality. However, attacking a more experienced force in their own territory shows a lack of rationality. Therefore the motivation behind the attack may be rational or irrational; data is insufficient. Irrational motivators: religion, primarily, or perhaps an appeal to clan status. Dogmatism in general. Rational motivators: fear, self-interest. Both point to an outside agent driving this change in behavior. Then the question becomes what motivates said outside agent. Not enough data to even speculate on that.

Rusty stayed at his elevated position and watched the Devil Fist meatbag hand off the datapad to Pops. After a moment of considering the pros and cons of exploding said meatbag, Rusty decided to spare its life, for now. In exchange for the rocket launcher.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Turncoat
White -1 | Blue +1 | Red +1 | Grey -1
Injury 0/4 | Parts 0 | Conditions: Winner, Uncaring

"I agree. Something is wrong, very wrong..." Calum holstered his blaster as he went back up to meet up with Neme. "Let's wait for Pops to come back. We still have a mission here after all. Can you raise them on the comms?"

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

White +1 | Blue -1 | Red +1 | Grey -1
Injury 0/4 | Parts 1 | Conditions:

Holstering his blaster one of the gang approaches him with a pale look in his eyes, "Man, you could make so many credits if you ran with us. Hell, We would even give you a ship to start privateering." The guy wasn't actually one that Riest knew could make such a choice, but he shrugged it off and said, "Just an old timer with a bit of luck my friend. Just looking toward retirement." A glint in his eye as we walks over to Pops and sees the data that he was looking for. "That is all the data we need then?" He asked looking at pops. This mission seemed too easy, and the shuttle departing at the same time was just ominous.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

White -1 | Blue +1 | Red -1 | Grey +1 | Power -2
Injury 0/4 | Parts 1 | Conditions:
Guilty

Winter's mouth dropped a bit as she felt the bolt strike the Chadra Fan. For a moment, she heard its silent scream as the life faded from its eyes and it clutched at its throat. Was this the first time she had actually killed someone? She had been around death, sure, but she couldn't think of anything or anyone she had directly killed before. The blaster dropped from her hand, the earpiece trailing behind it. She looked listlessly at the violence in the street below. The waves of emotion and thoughts washed over her. Just when it all seemed too much to handle, she remembered the civilian she had seen pinned down. A hint of color came back to her face as she grabbed the blaster and slid down the piping towards the street.

Winter keyed her comms, "Anyone have eyes on the civ? They make it through alright?"

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Rusty
White -1 | Blue -1 | Red +1 | Grey +1
Injury 0/4 | Parts 0 | Conditions:

Rusty turned back to the scene of battle, and did a quick scan of the ruptured meatbags. Then, after opening the comm channel, "Bored Reassurance: No unaffiliated kills visible from my position. Highest probability by far is that civilians fled the area during battle."

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009
Hey all, I am going to retire this game and go ahead and continue working on the system. Thanks for all the help! If you have any feedback or criticism, feel free to leave it here.

I definitely need to work on storytelling elements!

Rhyos
Jan 2, 2006
It's probably my fault.
Conceptually, it's pretty interesting - having all rolls in smal mood-based pools tends to augment the personality of the player through their actions. Keep working on it!

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I enjoyed it while it lasted. Good luck!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Glad I could play! Thanks

• Locked thread