Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
I was enabling some playback devices for my Realtek HD Audio Manager, I plugged in some headphones, configured them as my 'speakers' and the sound worked fine on them.

So I decided to play around with the speaker settings, I think it was currently on Stereo, so I changed it to 7.1 Speaker, got almost no sound except for two speakers, then I switched it to Quadraphonic, this just seperated parts of the audio on my headphones and now I can't hear the main sections.

I tried changing it back to Stereo and the audio was still muted. Is there any way I can reset the audio manager and/or device to get the full audio back up again?

Operating System: Windows 10 Professional 64-bit
Audio Driver Version: 6.0.1.7796
DirectX Version: 12.0
Audio Controller: HD Audio
Audio Codec: ALC887

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
I downloaded a new driver from RealTek that's supposed to work on Windows 10, I think it was rev. 2.79. HD Audio Manager was reinstalled, and now I have new specs.

Audio Driver Version: 6.0.1.7541
DirectX Version: 12.0
Audio Controller: HD Audio
Audio Codec: ALC887

Headphones still not working properly, can't configure it back to stereo.

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
Okay I unplugged my headphones and enabled a USB headset, the audio works fine again, but now I'm wondering if I screwed up my speakers device permanently or not. I don't want to replace my motherboard just to get the stereo back to normal.

Alereon
Feb 6, 2004

Dehumanize yourself and face to Trumpshed
College Slice
I'd try completely uninstalling all the Realtek software and drivers, then rebooting and reinstalling the latest drivers from their website.

• Locked thread