Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Clouseau posted:

I know Schrab directed season 12. The credits for Santa Claus Conquers the Martians credits a Rob Schrad - is it the same guy? Did they typo his name in the credits?

JethroMcB posted:

Old MST wasn't a union show, right? If he was already a WGA member at the time he might have gone with a one-letter-off credit to avoid breaking union rules.

Sorry, I was misspelling it just like it was in the credits! Yes, Rob Schrab was a guest writer and also co-director for season 12.
https://twitter.com/RobSchrab/status/675003707281424385
(The excerpt is from Scud #3 in 1994, I think the dirt on John K. wasn't quite as out there back then.)

Hogama fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Apr 18, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clouseau
Aug 3, 2003

My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie.
Wild! I never knew that.

Too bad they didn't take any of his jokes, but I think the season 12 segments looked a bit better than those in 11.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

"John K is my Jesus" :yikes:

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Uncle Wemus posted:

it was a different time

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Empty Sandwich posted:

it was a different time
Makes me think of the Racket Girls host segment.
"Who do you admire more as a father figure, Bill Cosby or Marvin Gay, Sr.?"

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Guns, huh?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Uncle Wemus posted:

If you only knew about his cartoons and published comments, you’d have a very different idea of what John K was. His victims didn’t come forward until they were adults.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I AM GRANDO posted:

If you only knew about his cartoons and published comments, you’d have a very different idea of what John K was. His victims didn’t come forward until they were adults.

The tagline of 'shackled genius' for John K. went with him for a long time. The worst thing people thought about him was how slow he was, again as far as people knew. Reference that bit from The Simpsons here.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Hogama posted:

Santa Claus vs. the Martians has 14 credited writers:

Huh, that's interesting. I wonder if they initially had a bigger writer pool and then trimmed back later on, or if they changed how they report writers, because for instance Final Sacrifice only has:

Michael J. Nelson ... (head writer) &
Paul Chaplin ... (writer) &
Bill Corbett ... (writer) &
Bridget Jones ... (writer) &
Kevin Murphy ... (writer) &
Mary Jo Pehl ... (writer)

E:

Dawgstar posted:

The tagline of 'shackled genius' for John K. went with him for a long time. The worst thing people thought about him was how slow he was, again as far as people knew. Reference that bit from The Simpsons here.

Yeah, I definitely cringed visibly when I saw that "John K. is my god" line, but then I remembered that in the 90s he was just largely viewed as a daring new outsider doing cool and weird animation stuff. In fact his reputation was probably at its highest point in the mid to late 90s because he'd been fired from Ren & Stimpy for being TOO REAL and hadn't yet done that loving awful revival show (which kinda showed that the firing had probably been for good reasons), or been revealed as a sexual predator and possible paedophile.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Apr 19, 2024

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I put the. Beats in my own. Script and I'm sticking. With them!

E: holy poo poo, I thought one of the princess' bodyguards in Deathstalker looked familiar, and he's the teacher guy from Pumaman.

E2:

"I just heard an eagle meow!"

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Apr 19, 2024

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
I’m a wood sprite. Tee hee.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I put the. Beats in my own. Script and I'm sticking. With them!

E: holy poo poo, I thought one of the princess' bodyguards in Deathstalker looked familiar, and he's the teacher guy from Pumaman.

E2:

"I just heard an eagle meow!"

Miguel Angel Fuentes was in quite a few movies. Also he passed away late last year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

muscles like this! posted:

Miguel Angel Fuentes was in quite a few movies. Also he passed away late last year.

He's also in Rifftrax's classic The Bermuda Triangle which, if you haven't seen it, woof!