Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

They should rebuild the engine from ground up. Adding new features won't work, it hasn't worked for a while as the underlying engine is so sketchy. Defensive skill stick has been something that's been on top of new feature lists after they removed the previous attempt, but I don't expect it to work well with the current engine. Or at all really. Last year it was side movement and goal front battles they added as new features and both turned out not to work great. You just can't add new features on a already broken system and expect them to work.

But this is basically just back-of-the-box stuff from EA to sell couple copies and then cash in on HUT cards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aunt jenkins
Jan 12, 2001

Please source this quote from 2015 tia

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

It's just yearly friendly reminder.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Did they actually not have contract extensions until now?

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

ThinkTank posted:

Did they actually not have contract extensions until now?

Nope, you can only sign a player to a contract if their contract ends.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
NHL 18 beta is out PREPARE TO BE WHELMED

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Duke Chin posted:

NHL 18 beta is out PREPARE TO BE WHELMED

So that means only 2 more months until they switch all the tuners back to the previous year's version and we get to pay $59 USD for a roster update

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I saw a quick game of NHL THREES being streamed, and besides the terrible paintjob to the rink, the terrible new "Arcade" commentary, and that gimmick mode, the actual gameplay looked exactly the same.

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009
https://www.polygon.com/2017/7/25/16027074/nhl-18-closed-beta-xbox-one-ps4-code-giveaway

they still have NA ps4 codes available

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
lol this is terrible.

They've somehow made the goalies worse

E: the scoring in Threes makes no goddamn sense
E2: oh I see, there's modifiers and -1 pucks and money pucks okay sure why not don't explain that at all or anything EA

Duke Chin fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Jul 26, 2017

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
Jesus Christ this game feels so slooooooooooow

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
i'm really not sure why threes mode needs gimmick scoring if the gameplay stays completely static

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
WE DID SOMETHING NEW FOR THIS SEASON GUYS! (Programmer shits out two lines of code in 15 minutes for a score modifier)

I've also already seen a puck disappear under the mid-boards with the commentator saying "oh that went over the glass". Slow mo replay confirms the puck look like it got jammed under the boards by a stick and just disappeared. :iiam:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3828296

I put in more effort to make a new iteration than EA.

• Locked thread