Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
it's very...i dunno, lost levels ish where there's a bunch of extra stuff that kinda sucks and loses what made 2 fun

also

https://twitter.com/protofailure/status/1783396985346695417

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

Kart Eternal seems like the best way to describe the reception to Ring Racers, both the good and the bad. This is very much not a straight sequel to SRB2Kart in a lot of areas, much like what Doom Eternal was to Doom 2016. I personally like it, but think there is a few rough patches to smooth out.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

After playing 5 cups in Grand Prix I'm fully on board. this game owns

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/SonicOfficialJP/status/1783783081503281294

first ep of Knux watched and enjoyed

...Honestly kinda found the human side of things the more interesting aspect compared to Knuckles' scenes

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Year of Blaze next year imo

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Electric Phantasm posted:

Yes please, Blaze is awesome and should be in more things

Last year was kind of the Year of Amy as well considering her sudden upswing in playable appearances

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

We just had the annual day of blaze last week

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

flavor.flv posted:

I'll make you eat those wizard burgers!

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

On another note, how’s the Knuckles series that just dropped today (and do any other characters pop up besides the ones that have already been revealed)?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Apr 26, 2024

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

flavor.flv posted:

every day should be blaze day

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

That's Sir Percival. easy mistake to make

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Blaze solo game please (maybe bring back Marine if you want)

Speaking of whom, did she use Aussie slang in the Japanese version of Rush Adventure as well or was that a localization decision?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Apr 26, 2024

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

It nails the humor pretty well

Didn't know I needed the Team Rocket Trio in Sonic, but here we are (no meowth analogue yet though)

It's bite-sized and skips some superfluous scenes, but it's not as dire as twitter (as usual) made it out to be

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
Did they drop all episodes at once?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Palmtree Panic posted:

Did they drop all episodes at once?

All 6 episodes are available, yes. Only watched the first one so far but it seems fun (also it has Christopher Lloyd)

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Ring Racers 2.1 patch is out.

quote:

TL;DR: If you’re overwhelmed by the Tutorial, you can get racing much quicker.
A dev blog on the Tutorial...

quote:

Routing the largest part of the playerbase through a mandatory tutorial wasn’t a choice we made without considerable deliberation.
[...]
Based on our blind tests pre-release, we failed to anticipate in full the exhaustion wall some people would run up against, and underestimated some people’s eagerness (for better or worse) to throw themselves into the mosh pit.

As such, these changes: Both the additional opportunities to challenge the ROYGBIV Rangers on Test Track, and the options to exit early at the end of the Rings tutorial and every following area, should help mitigate those frustrations while still making sure players at least get exposed to the most crucial mechanics, the baseline of finding your footing in the game.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

About halfway through the Knuckles series. It’s pretty fun so far though the primary movie cast only appears in the first episode and from then on it’s the Knuckles and Wade show (with more of the latter than the former)

This does make me curious what exactly they have planned for Knuckles to do during the third film however (especially if they don’t wind up bringing Rouge in)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

Knuckles show has a fun pre-spenders Archie tone to it, complete with the same kind of lame but cute humor.

But why can’t this franchise have any cool Sonic type music?