Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Well OP it felt like I was going to finally escape the chaos inside my head but while I was sitting in my running car in a hot garage I became aware of something that motivated me to shut the car off and live: my girlfriend and I had broken up a month earlier and while that had absolutely nothing to do with it and the issues that caused my suicidal desires had plagued me for a decade, everybody would think I was a pussy who killed myself because of a breakup.

So I got out and am now alive and free to post on the something awful forums.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

treasure bear
Dec 10, 2012

The Bananana posted:

you know, I thought about being edgy in here, but honestyl... if that's how to get forums cred... then I don't want it. :colbert:

thank you

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark

Keg posted:

Why the frig have so many GBS posters tried to kill themselves?

If I had ANYTHING to live for, ANYTHING worthwhile going on in my life at all why the gently caress would I be "pretending" to be a retarded rear end in a top hat on the Internet at 5 PM on a Friday night?

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Gotta make that money man its still the same now
I tried to hang myself and slit my wrists with a super dull pocket knife when I was 13 because I didn't really have any good friends and people went to some extreme lengths to torment me all the time at school. I remember the hanging myself thing to be pretty painful and I chickened out after a few seconds of not being able to breath. I legit haven't had a suicidal thought in many years beyond "man this point in my life is really stressful/lame, I wish I could just fall asleep and not wake up right now, but, you know, I don't actually want to die I just don't want to face whatever tomorrow."

To answer your question OP it feels super sad to attempt suicide and then super pathetic when you chicken out.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTXeg-Swq9w&index=2&list=FLnY6l_gprZjBN5wzImaxKpQ

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
that one FYAD guy trolled that wiki guy so hard he owned himself, that is pretty cool imo

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
I wrote the note (said "gently caress you I hope you kill yourself too") but never worked out the plan

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
My headache is gone but now I have this aching pain in my chest every time I consider man's almost casual cruelty towards each other. I turned off my computer and sat in a dark room but that just made it worse.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

GRANNYS PEACH TEA posted:

If I had ANYTHING to live for, ANYTHING worthwhile going on in my life at all why the gently caress would I be "pretending" to be a retarded rear end in a top hat on the Internet at 5 PM on a Friday night?

Maybe you're waiting for a bus.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Keg posted:

Because it's a mostly anonymous forum and people feel relatively comfortable opening up

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Keg posted:

Have you read GBS? We have nothing to contribute to society.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Suicide is more common with ugly people

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Zzulu posted:

Suicide is more common with ugly people

It's true. When i feel particularly depressed or self-loathing i drown my sorrows in drink and meaningless random sex. If i waa ugly i would probably end up killing myself instead

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

it feels good, because you're stepping out forever, and then it feels bad because you didn't quite manage to step out forever and everyone around you acts super freaked out for a really long time.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Bert Roberge posted:

Have you read GBS? We have nothing to contribute to society.

Nah, there's a lot that we could've contributed. We just failed to develop our talents and squandered our opportunities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:
Ask this dude. He is doing it on tv tonight.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/07/29/daredevil-to-attempt-jumping-out-plane-at-25000-feet-without-parachute.html

• Locked thread