Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

My girlfriend's birthday is coming up in about a month and I want to make her a birthday card. I have no supplies or artistic skills but I'm willing to buy supplies (preferably through Amazon) and try something. I have a very basic idea of what I want to do, which involves cutting out her name and making something "basic" like this... https://www.instagram.com/blynnxoxo/ ideas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
you should make a birthday car instead. it would be much more impressive.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Serious Frolicking posted:

you should make a birthday car instead. it would be much more impressive.

Doh!

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

obi_ant posted:

My girlfriend's birthday is coming up in about a month and I want to make her a birthday card. I have no supplies or artistic skills but I'm willing to buy supplies (preferably through Amazon) and try something. I have a very basic idea of what I want to do, which involves cutting out her name and making something "basic" like this... https://www.instagram.com/blynnxoxo/ ideas?

If you want it to look like that stuff, you should buy that woman's travel colouring book off the Etsy link there and use a page from it as your background or as the letters of the name.

Buried alive
Jun 8, 2009
Those are known as zentangles. I don't know what you're going for exactly, but that's what you want to learn about if you're going to try and make your own. For supplies all you really need is a set of coloring pencils or markers for colors and a regular pencil for sketching.

Buried alive fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Aug 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Biscuits
Oct 21, 2010

Does it have to be roadworthy? If so, I'd recommend adapting an old car into something she'd really like, instead of making your own. Maybe you could spraypaint her name on it and glue sequins on, I dunno what she's into.

• Locked thread