Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dec 26, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Geneforge is his best stuff. Avadon sucks rear end

i don't hate avadon but it's clearly his weakest series and i really didn't care for the plot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I don't really like any of those apart from Icewind Dale. NWN has loads of great user-made modules but those don't count... I'm a huge CRPG weirdo but I guess I just don't like Infinity Engine style RTwP

I got hundreds of hours out of NWN just playing mods. I don't know if I even touched the actual game.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

GorfZaplen posted:

I got hundreds of hours out of NWN just playing mods. I don't know if I even touched the actual game.
yeah, it's probably my second most played game ever next to Morrowind just because of the insane amount of cool modules so I can't hate on it really even though the mechanics suck rear end

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Arcanum is available on Steam now for six dollars

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009
PLay Darklands, OP. It has the best setting of any crpg.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

GorfZaplen posted:

i feel like that's one of those games thats better to get off gog

Dec 26, 2012

GorfZaplen posted:

that's probably ok the actual game isnt very good

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

trying to jack off posted:

i feel like that's one of those games thats better to get off gog

at the very least get the unofficial patch, because the actual gameplay is kinda poo poo.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

also get vampire: bloodlines off GOG as well, it comes with the unofficial patch already in and the game legit owns.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

GorfZaplen posted:

Is that game good? I've been kind of peripherally interested in it since I first heard about it like over a decade ago but never got around to actually playing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

Is that game good? I've been kind of peripherally interested in it since I first heard about it like over a decade ago but never got around to actually playing it.

Arcanum is like every Troika game where there's a lot of good stuff but the middle and ending of the game clearly was when they ran out of money and thus these parts are absolute dogshit. It's also buggy as gently caress so get some fan patches.

• Locked thread