Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Cervixalot posted:

Also, did you join the GroupMe yet? Might be easier to chat through some ways to find our last league member there so I can avoid spamming the thread so much.

Here's the link: https://groupme.com/join_group/24074245/fdv0eR

I'll join on my lunch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
Just PM'd you Papes about my RL friend taking the last spot, he just texted me saying he is in.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Guys.

Draft is like an hour and a half away.

I am excite.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Forever_Peace posted:

Guys.

Draft is like an hour and a half away.

I am excite.

Cracking a beer, let's get this pre-game started.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Hey Papes - Weren't waivers supposed to process last night? Calendar shows it as Saturday now.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Lol I may have overshot the bids a bit.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

We've been chatting about this a bit in GroupMe, but we need to figure out/set up the following things before Thursday:

-Determine tiebreaker for playoffs - 3 conference winners, 3 overall top records?
-Establish Trade deadline (if we have one, we don't necessarily have to for dynasty)
-Decide on how 2017 draft pick order will be determined (are the top 6 picks determined by worst regular season record or worst regular season PF?, are bottom 6 picks determined by reverse final playoff standing)?

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

also I am the ghost of permabanned user Yoshifan823, haunting you all to remind you about how awesome I am and how much of the year I have spent in the top spot and how much longer that will continue (for forever, amen)

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

MFL just got an update to be responsive/much better on mobile devices!

Good excuse to throw out some trade offers... Just sayin!

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Cervixalot posted:

MFL just got an update to be responsive/much better on mobile devices!

Good excuse to throw out some trade offers... Just sayin!

The regular website looks a great deal less ugly as well.

Did we decide on a draft order? I'm anxiously waiting to overbid on a running back because after my top 3 they drop off a very steep cliff.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Here is my understanding of how the rookie picks for 2017 played out:

1.01 - Return of the Dak
1.02 - Britches and Hoes
1.03 - SPARQ Week
1.04 - The Almighty K-Gregorians
1.05 - Bubba's Dynasty
1.06 - The Long Term Project
1.07 - Witten-Ness Protection
1.08 - Papes
1.09 - SuperCam: A Quest for TDs
1.10 - Tajae Mahal
1.11 - A Team Organized Towards a Goal
1.12 - Ground Control

Based on the GroupMe converstions we had at the end of the season, here is what I think we decided:

Top 6 picks determined by inverse order of regular season standing of non-playoff teams

Screenshot Tajae took of the final regular season standings: https://i.groupme.com/720x1280.png.a68cd402278b4d2c85c2701d0b6f4baa.large

Bottom 6 picks determined by inverse order of playoff finish: http://www79.myfantasyleague.com/2016/options?L=64289&O=79

Does that look right to everyone? Rounds 2-4 would have the same draft order as Round 1.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

That can't be right, surely there is a way where I can have the 1st pick :)

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Works for me!

Going RB heavy year 1 certainly worked out pretty well but I'd love to move to a more balanced team over the next year or two. Willing to part with a decent chunk of value:
Ingram, Mark NOS RB
Kelley, Rob WAS RB
West, Terrance BAL RB
Edelman, Julian NEP WR
Clay, Charles BUF TE
Tye, Will NYG TE

Get at me.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Just saw the Alshon news - forgot I had that Kevin White trade out there! Still feeling good about the move, as I need to divest from some of my riskier assets with the Whites/Docstons/Colemans of the world, and I'm really high on Tyrell Williams.

Good trade, Forever_Peace.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Cervixalot posted:

Just saw the Alshon news - forgot I had that Kevin White trade out there! Still feeling good about the move, as I need to divest from some of my riskier assets with the Whites/Docstons/Colemans of the world, and I'm really high on Tyrell Williams.

Good trade, Forever_Peace.

I was actually thiiiiiiis close to rejecting it a few days ago but got distracted (I'm super high on Tyrell too). I actually don't expect White to be the bears WR1 next year even with Alshon gone but the news gave me the motivation to dig around again, and I came away thinking that despite the down year and timeshare, Yeldon is a reasonable RB4/5 floor guy in this format which is solid for bye weeks. Appreciate the patience while I worked through the offer!

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

Kevin white is bad and you should feel bad.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

So far I'm OK with this free agency season. Woods on the Rams is probably gonna be roughly the same as he was in Buffalo unless he really feels good back in the Colisseum. Jackson on the Buccs is gonna be awesome because Evans is gonna draw the best coverage and Jameis is capable of letting it rip on a regular basis. Also, if he's healthy, Lewis might get more catches without JThomas around. Plus if the Bears really try to make Patterson a thing that will be another.

Also, I just did this for fun:

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

DC Murderverse posted:

So far I'm OK with this free agency season. Woods on the Rams is probably gonna be roughly the same as he was in Buffalo unless he really feels good back in the Colisseum. Jackson on the Buccs is gonna be awesome because Evans is gonna draw the best coverage and Jameis is capable of letting it rip on a regular basis. Also, if he's healthy, Lewis might get more catches without JThomas around. Plus if the Bears really try to make Patterson a thing that will be another.

Also, I just did this for fun:

Lmao, incredible.

If any QB-needy teams are looking to add a starter, I'm willing to part with Mike GOAT-lennon at a reasonable price. Hit me up!

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

So I have 4, possibly 5 starting QBs on my roster depending in what happens in Houston. Get at me is you're looking to improve the position, I'm open to trading any of them - but Wilson/Carr/Winston would take a premium to move.

Are we moving the site over to the MFL 2017 league season soon?

What's the plan/timing for doing waiver bids on FAs, and/or the rookie draft?

With the NFL draft coming up and rookie hype at its peak, it is prime dynasty season fellas.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Reiterating that these dudes are available for WR/QB. Need to balance the team a bit better.
Ingram, Mark NOS RB
Kelley, Rob WAS RB
West, Terrance BAL RB
Edelman, Julian NEP WR
Clay, Charles BUF TE
Tye, Will NYG TE

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

I'll set up everything for next season some time around the draft.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Welp, got my initial rookie list sorted and set up. I have absolutely no idea what the hell I'm doing, and after the first 10 or so I'm just kinda guessing, but I assume you all will do the same. god bless vaguely educated guessing

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

Look at this scrub who doesn't watch hours of tape and run hundreds of machine learning algorithms to set their board.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

the only hint I will give you as to what my board looks like:

I have Joe Mixon ranked, "gently caress That Guy". Because gently caress That Guy. Same reason I never draft Big Ben.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

Please shame me if I don't set up the new league by the end of this week (sunday)

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Don't forget - SHAME!

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

Cervixalot posted:

Don't forget - SHAME!

The league is up but I need to import everything

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

new league url is up: http://www79.myfantasyleague.com/2017/home/64289

rosters and settings are imported. I just need to figure out draft order and I'll make a new thread.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Looks like the draft picks are not quite right in MFL yet - did we finalize the details there? I have a trade deal in the works and want to make sure I'm working with the right pieces :hehe:

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

Cervixalot posted:

Looks like the draft picks are not quite right in MFL yet - did we finalize the details there? I have a trade deal in the works and want to make sure I'm working with the right pieces :hehe:

poo poo, I thought I did that already. There's a google doc in our groupme if you want to look before I get home tonight.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Papes posted:

poo poo, I thought I did that already. There's a google doc in our groupme if you want to look before I get home tonight.

Yeah, I saw that but the actual draft picks aren't allocated right in MFL - I think you need to go in and reorder them in the commissioner settings to match the spreadsheet.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

Cervixalot posted:

Yeah, I saw that but the actual draft picks aren't allocated right in MFL - I think you need to go in and reorder them in the commissioner settings to match the spreadsheet.

Yup, I thought I had done that last weekend but must have not saved or something. I'll fix it tomorrow morning :)

Thanks for pointing that out!

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

Papes posted:

Yup, I thought I had done that last weekend but must have not saved or something. I'll fix it tomorrow morning :)

Thanks for pointing that out!

Done!

Sorry for taking so long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

and now to endlessly tinker with my draft list and attempt to discern who will be the secret great get sitting at the 45th pick of the draft

maybe I'll just pick whichever Iowa offensive player is highest, at that point I'm not getting any real value.

• Locked thread