Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Did any of you guys have this book when you were a kid?

Please share your favorite memories of this classic book.

As I recall, there were nude gnomes in the book as well, but I won't post those because this is a work friendly website.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
here's mine:

jeff smisek
May 18, 2009

David the gnome died thanks for bringing it up

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

jeff smisek posted:

Thanks for reminding me.

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

jeff smisek posted:

never saw the ending thankfully

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

jeff smisek posted:

He died doing what he loved

being voice by tom bosley

they're both loving worm chow now

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
gnomes aren't real idiot

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

gnomes aren't real idiot

youre not real shut your bitch mouth

i respectfully disagree sir

get on youtube and type gnome truths and educate yourself

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

scott zoloft posted:

here's mine:

nice shoes, scotty

Tonsured
Jan 14, 2005

I came across mention of a Gnostic codex called The Unreal God and the Aspects of His Nonexistent Universe, an idea which reduced me to helpless laughter. What kind of person would write about something that he knows doesn't exist, and how can something that doesn't exist have aspects?
Gangsters planted a "secret" marijuana field within the vast tracks of land my water horse owns, at first I enjoyed thinking of them as gnomes. Mythical creatures lurking around out there, sneaking about in the wee hours of the morning up to mischief. Then they fed my water horse lead and I just don't know if I have the mental resilience to continue talking about gnomes. I'm sorry. I must take my leave.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Tonsured posted:

Gangsters planted a "secret" marijuana field within the vast tracks of land my water horse owns, at first I enjoyed thinking of them as gnomes. Mythical creatures lurking around out there, sneaking about in the wee hours of the morning up to mischief. Then they fed my water horse lead and I just don't know if I have the mental resilience to continue talking about gnomes. I'm sorry. I must take my leave.

what the gently caress does this mean

are you in danger

talk to me goose

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

hth posted:

what the gently caress does this mean

are you in danger

talk to me goose

Your the iceman

Dr. Dogballs Jr.
Jun 9, 2014

the angriest sex machine

wandering gnomestrel - handpainted and racist as poo poo

Dr. Dogballs Jr. fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Aug 10, 2016

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

How about chomes and momes?

:chome::mome:

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
When you take a hit an it goes right to da gnome

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

ROFLburger posted:

nice shoes, scotty

Nothing like a cute pair of flats and a gnome to make you feel pretty :)

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
yes i did OP. i remember there were descriptions of how the trolls would catch the gnomes and then grind their feet off on a millstone for fun

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Dr. Dogballs Jr. posted:

Why is it racist? Because it's got red lips?

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

Dr. Dogballs Jr. posted:

let's set up a play date for our gnomes

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
the art is very good btw OP can you post more pictures? pretty sure that "troll grinding gnome's feet off on millstone" was one of the pictures so maybe post that one?

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I think I once read a really long article about how those aren't actually racist, but since people don't know their history they assume they are and since everyone assumes that then they may as well actually be racist or something like that. Complicated business, these gnomes.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

naked gnome

:nws::nws:

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

:cumpolice:

Dr. Dogballs Jr.
Jun 9, 2014

the angriest sex machine

scott zoloft posted:

let's set up a play date for our gnomes

only if it looks like this underneath that cloak

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i had that book OP

i also had that big woodland folk book it was dope

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
get to the trolls already OP

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

OctoberBlues posted:

I think I once read a really long article about how those aren't actually racist, but since people don't know their history they assume they are and since everyone assumes that then they may as well actually be racist or something like that. Complicated business, these gnomes.

I heard the same about those little lawn statues of a blackety black man jockey riding a horse. Supposedly they meant this house is a stop on the underground railroad and are therefore the exact opposite of racist, but gently caress if I'm going to actually look it up.

Dr. Dogballs Jr.
Jun 9, 2014

the angriest sex machine

OctoberBlues posted:

the person who painted this intended for it to be kinda racist though so

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Why is painting a gnome black racist? This seems like an overreach.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Dr. Dogballs Jr. posted:

the person who painted this intended for it to be kinda racist though so

That could be, I read the article awhile back and I can't remember ten minutes ago tbh

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

notZaar posted:

Why is painting a gnome black racist? This seems like an overreach.

cuz they paint it like this

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Moridin920 posted:

cuz they paint it like this

That's obviously racist and not what I meant. I was taking about the picture from the last page of the lawn gnome with brown skin.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

notZaar posted:

That's obviously racist and not what I meant. I was taking about the picture from the last page of the lawn gnome with brown skin.

this thread is only a page long, did you mean this one? only other brown gnome i see

Dr. Dogballs Jr. posted:

i mean i guess the argument could be made but it seems like the same thing but with a hat and not totally pitch black skin

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
I swear by 20 posts per page.

And that looks like a reasonable skin tone for a black person, I guess the lips are weird but there are people with vibrant lips out there so whatever.

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
theres GNOME place like home ahahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Bitter Mushroom posted:

theres GNOME place like home ahahaha

:captainpop:

adding to op, brb

• Locked thread