Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Super Slash
Feb 20, 2006

You rang ?
Problem description:
Windows is suddenly not able to detect local Wi-Fi connections, there are at least 7 connections in my local area but Windows only reports three with my home connection missing from the list. While I have been typing this it did appear briefly and I could attempt a connection, but after typing in the WPA passcode it failed then disappeared.

Every other device in the house can see and connect fine, I also have an ethernet connection to the router over a powerline connection which is working (Using both for backup as the powerline has a tendency to be lovely and lose connection).

Attempted fixes:
Disable re-enable devices
Windows Update
Driver Update
Set wireless device roaming strength to maximum

Recent changes:
Connection was acting up so I forgot the wireless connection to reconnect it.
Using a PiHole on the network for DNS

Operating system:
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

System specs:
Intel Core i5 2500K @ 3.30GHz 43 °C
8.00GB Single-Channel DDR3
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P8P67 REV 3.1 (LGA1155)
4096MB ATI AMD Radeon R9 380 Series (Sapphire/PCPartner)
232GB Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB (SSD)
931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-08M2NA0 (SATA)
232GB ExcelStor Technology J9250S (SATA)
SONY BD-ROM BDU-X10S
Realtek High Definition Audio

Manufacturer: Ralink Technology, Corp.
Description: 802.11n Wireless LAN Card
Driver version: 5.0.48.0
Physical address: ‎00-A1-B0-A9-12-F3

I have Googled and read the FAQ:
Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Have you turned off your modem/routers for a few minutes to reset them?

Super Slash
Feb 20, 2006

You rang ?
Yep, router rebooted and powered off for a time but no dice.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

I'd try doing a system restore going back a few weeks to before the problem existed (if possible).

Otherwise, you could run http://www.techspot.com/downloads/5936-inssider.html from your computer and see what it says.

• Locked thread